twenty-one

The next morning, Tom woke up and got ready before going to say bye to Aurora as he had to go film season 3 of Billy the Kid. Aurora barely opened her eyes as she hummed when he gave her a quick, loving kiss, saying he'd probably have to be late, but would be back as soon as he could.

Aurora herself woke up around 10 am to Rachel opening her door. She sat up as Lily ran to the bed, licking her face, showing her that the she'd missed her owner. Rachel was not far behind her, rushing to the bedroom with a worried look on her face.

"What happened last night? You okay?" Rachel asked, sitting down on the bed. Aurora had nearly forgotten about the text she'd sent her, asking for her help. She loved Rachel, no one else would rush over after just waking up just to make sure she was okay.

"I kind of told Tom I loved him. And then I tried to dump him" Aurora mumbled, slightly embarrassed.

"Why'd you try to dump him?" Rachel asked confused.

"Because, Rach... He's too good. I can't ruin him" Aurora said, petting Lily's head.

Rachel frowned. Then, she stood up and held her hand out for Aurora.

"Come on, let's go see Tom on the set" she smiled. Aurora was conflicted. But as she looked at Rachel, beaming at her own idea, she didn't have the heart to tell her no.

Aurora got ready, putting extra care in her look. She got dressed in black high waisted straight jeans, a black jean jacket, her high top converse and a black oversized hoodie. Aurora and Rachel decided to still take Lily to Rachel's on the way, just in case.

Aurora walked behind Rachel to the set, Rachel instructing her to be quiet as they were currently shooting. Aurora felt butterflies at the thought of surprising Tom. Her heart dropped however, when she saw Tom on the screen of a monitor, kissing his co-star. She knew it was his job, but it hit her harder than a truck. She couldn't handle this. Her smile dropped as she moved herself behind Rachel.

"That's a wrap!" she heard someone yell and she felt Tom's eyes come fixed into her, a smile rising to his lips. Tom walked over, his heart filled with butterflies. He loved that Aurora was here.

Tom said hi to Rachel as Aurora stood there, her gaze fixed on her shoes, not moving.

"Aurora?" Tom softly said, standing right in front of her. Aurora did not lift her gaze, not wanting Tom to see her teary eyes. She felt Rachel take her hand into hers, soothingly running her thumb on the back of her hand.

And Aurora felt the breakdown coming. So she took off, running as she let go of Rachel's hand.

"Aurora?" she heard Tom yell, but she did not stop running.

Aurora heard someone running after her, but she did not stop until she hopped into a taxi outside the studio, quickly giving her address to the driver. She saw Tom stare at the car driving away, panting as he had almost reached her. Almost.

As Aurora got home, she rushed inside her apartment and sighed as she realized Rachel had forgotten her spare key here. She looked at her phone and saw 20 missed calls from Tom, and 10 from Rachel. She had 5 messages, 4 from Tom and 1 from Rachel.

'What happened, please call me, love x Rach'

Aurora felt a pang of guilt as she saw that Rachel was worried about her. She let herself open Tom's messages as well.

'Aurora, please pick up the phone'

'Where are you? What's wrong?'

'I love you, please let me know you're okay'

Aurora's eyes widened as she saw the latest text. Sent two minutes ago.

'That's it. I'm coming over'

Aurora quickly grabbed her purse and made her way out of her apartment building, making her way over to Justin's as she shut off her phone, knowing Rachel could use find my iPhone if she really needed to find her.