twenty-eight

The next day, after a lovely day full of cuddles, sweets, kisses and a Friends marathon, Aurora regretted agreeing to go to the Hunger Games party with Tom. So, she decided to pretend she felt sick.

"What's wrong?" Tom asked, already dressed in his suit as he walked into the bedroom and saw Aurora, still laying in bed.

"I feel sick" Aurora mumbled, closing her eyes to really sell it.

"Oh no. Do you have a fever?" Tom asked, instantly overprotective.

"I don't think so. Just a migraine" Aurora lied, feeling Tom's hand go into her hair and play with it soothingly.

"Maybe I should stay home too" Tom frowned, his brows furrowed in worry.

"No, go. Have fun" Aurora said to Tom, soothing him a slight smile.

"You sure, baby? I don't mind staying" Tom spoke softly.

"I'm sure. Tell Rach I said hi" Aurora said as convincingly as she could.

"Aurora? Don't get angry but..." Tom started, looking down and biting his lip nervously.

"I feel uncomfortable leaving you here alone. After what happened, you know" Tom said carefully, his hand still massaging Aurora's scalp.

"Tom. I promise you, I will not off myself while you're out doing your job" Aurora said, trying not to show her annoyance at Tom's words.

"You promise?" Tom breathed out, watching Aurora carefully.

"I promise, Tom. Now go, have fun!" Aurora stated, trying to sound as cheery as she could.

"I'll text you every 30 minutes, okay? Make sure you answer" Tom mumbled, kissing Aurora softly. Aurora just hummed, kissing Tom back.

"I love you" Tom said as he got up off the bed.

"Love you too" Aurora shyly said, making Tom smile to himself. He'd never get tired of hearing her say that to him.

So, Tom went to his event reluctantly. Whilst Aurora stayed in bed and watched TikToks, trying to get her mind off everything.

'Just got here. Rach says hi x' she saw Tom text him.

Aurora reacted to the message with a heart, going to Twitter and scrolling through endless animal pictures. She sighed as she realized she had exhausted all of her usual tricks to distract herself from how she was feeling.

Meanwhile, Tom was getting flooded with attention as he took pictures with fans, before entering the restaurant which was connected to a club, where the event was held.

"So, you and Aurora, huh?" Josh asked as he, Josh and Rachel finally sat down to have a drink.

"Pretty much" he said, not able to stop himself from grinning ear to ear.

"You two really moving in together?" Rachel asked, feeling a bit concerned for her friend. Aurora had a tendency to freak out, and Rachel knew that.

"Yeah. Also, I want to marry that girl" Tom confessed, making Rachel cough as her drink went down the wrong pipe.

"Wait, you're being for real? She's the one?" Josh asked as Rachel still coughed.

"Yeah" Tom breathed out, a huge smile still on his face.

Aurora was scrolling through Instagram, seeing the stories Tom and Rachel had posted from the party. She was glad he was out having fun with his friends. But, she herself was feeling quite poorly.

Aurora decided to take a shower, washing her hair, shaving and exfoliating and doing her full skin care routine. Luckily, she had had enough wits about her to pack those things when they went by her house yesterday.

'can't wait to come home to you' Tom had texted. Aurora again just replied with a heart. She wasn't keen on communicating through texts.

After she was done, she decided to cheer herself up by having a dance party. She connected her phone to Tom's bluetooth speaker. She turned on Tate McRae's Hurt My Feelings as she danced her heart out, belting out the lyrics. She hadn't danced in years. It used to be her favorite hobby for 9 years before she got too anxious to go to her lessons.

"Baby, hurt my feelings!" she sang out, jumping in fear as she heard a chuckle behind her. She turned bright red as she saw Tom stand there, his arms crossed and a huge smile on his face, leaning against the wall. She frowned, completely humiliated that Tom had seen her like this. Instead of making fun of her, Tom walked over to her and took her hands into his, joining her dance party as Tove Lo's 2 Die 4 started playing.

Tom loved seeing Aurora like this, care-free and having fun. He completely humiliated himself as they danced in his living room, but he didn't care. When he saw Aurora laughing, his heart felt whole. When the song ended, Tom wrapped his arms around Aurora and fell down on the couch, Aurora lying on top of him as they both tried to catch their breath.

"Fuck, I love you" Tom breathed out, a huge smile still on his face as he kissed Aurora deeply as Sabrina Carpenter's Nonsense played in the background.

"How come you're home so early?" Aurora asked, smiling as she ran her fingers through Tom's hair.

"I missed you" he confessed, looking into Aurora's eyes with love so pure it scared her. They laid there in each other's arms, listening to music before Tom spoke up.

"Rach wants to see you tomorrow. She said she'll take you shopping. And I need to take care of some things anyway in the meantime" he smiled, Aurora's head resting on his chest.

"Sounds good, Tommy" she mumbled, a small smile still on her lips.

At that moment, Tom felt his life was perfect. Well, almost perfect.