epilogue

"I do" Aurora spoke through tears. But these were not tears of sadness, or of panic. They were tears of happiness. She didn't hear the priest speaking, she only focused on Tom as he kissed her. And everything else disappeared around them.

The reception was beautiful, just like she had planned. Tom did not leave her side once, holding her hand or having some other way of keeping his hands on her at all times. But when the night went on, Aurora found a small opening to have a private chat with Rachel. They were sitting down on the patio of the villa their reception was hosted at, Rachel sipping on her wine.

"I'm really proud of you, you know. Everything you've accomplished" Rachel smiled at her best friend, pulling her into a hug.

"Rachel, there's something I want you to be the first one to know" Aurora spoke out nervously. Rachel pulled back from her and watched her with worry in her eyes.

"What is it, honey?" she asked.

"I'm pregnant" Aurora mumbled out. Rachel wasted no time pulling her into another hug, exclaiming how happy she was to become an aunt.

And as Aurora and Tom danced to a slow song that night, she let the news slip to him. His reaction told her everything she needed to know about how he felt about her. He nearly slid to his knees, tears of happiness leaking from his eyes as he pulled her into a kiss, grinning. 

And as Aurora had to listen to Tom come up with the most hideous names possible for their baby, she smiled to herself. This. She would have this for the rest of her life.