thirty-four

"Calm down" Aurora tried to tell herself as she sat down on the bathroom floor and cried. To say she was feeling panic would be an understatement. She felt like she had been swallowed by a tidal wave. How could she have been so stupid as to think that she could get married?

Tom ushered Rachel and Josh out ot the room as soon as Aurora left for the bathroom. He had recognized the panicked look on her face and the shaky hands. He was a bit sad that the thought of their wedding would make her feel this way, but he understood. She'd been through a lot.

"Aurora?" he gently called her as he knocked on the door. He frowned as he got no anwer, leaning his forehead against the door.

"Aurora? Baby? Please let me in" he tried, his voice breaking and his eyes filling with tears at the idea of her panicking in there, alone. To his surprise, he heard the door unlock. He slowly opened the door.

He frowned as he saw Aurora sat on the floor, her face red and covered in tear stains.

"Oh, baby" he cooed as he sat down on the floor next to her and pulled her into his chest. He just held her. He knew this was progress, her letting him be there for her.

"What's got you anxious?" he asked softly, running his fingers through her hair when she finally began to calm down.

"Just... Stuff" Aurora mumbled, not wanting to upset Tom. She'd ruined their nice vacation day already, and that thought made her whimper as she buried her face in Tom's chest.

"Aurora, I know you. It's okay to panic. But I want to help you, you need to let me know when you start feeling it, okay?" he said, it was like he was reading her mind.

"Okay" she mumbled, her voice strained from all the crying.

"How can I make you feel better?" Tom asked, lifting her face up gently with his fingers to look at him. Aurora's eyes were wet with tears, but they were still beautiful enough to take his breath away.

"I dunno" Aurora mumbled, her lip pouting slightly. 

Aurora shrieked when Tom suddenly picked her up and carried her to the bed, setting her down and plopping next to her, his hands going to her sides and tickling her.

"Tom, stop!" Aurora laughed, trying to swat his hands away. Tom stopped, beaming at Aurora as he laid on top of her.

"There's that smile I love so much" he grinned.

"You're cheesy" Aurora smiled, feeling much better already.

"Only for you, fiancè" Tom grinned like an idiot.