Chapter 1

Today is a very special day for a certain male omega named Kim Taehyung. Why? That's because it's his eighteenth birthday and finally he will meet his destined mate. Whoever his mate is and whatever subgender they are, he promised himself to love and cherish them after all that's what he always craves for---love...but why it seems so elusive? His parents never loved him. They despise him being a male omega. They said he is a disgrace to them. But why are they blaming him? He can't choose his subgender. It was given by the moon goddess. On the other hand, his parents dote on his older sister Hyuna, who's an alpha. They said that Hyuna will bring honor to them because she will be the next luna of Harvest Moon pack. She has her eyes set on the pack leader son, Park Junsik. Junsik is handsome, strong, well built and a tenacious fighter, a 22 year old alpha who is admired by most of their pack mates. He is the pride of their pack. He heard that the alpha hasn't found his true mate yet.

Today is not the time to think of other things. Taehyung puts on his best clothes to impress his mate. It's not that extravagant but he hopes it's enough. He gently combs his hair and looks at himself in the mirror.

 He gently combs his hair and looks at himself in the mirror

It's the Winter Festival. Everyone wears their best clothes. The whole pack territory is adorned by beautiful fairy lights. There are food stalls and souvenir shops scattered all over the town. Music are playing everywhere.

Taehyung went out of his room, ready to head out when he smelled his mate. He smells like the combination of different spices. The smell is intoxicating, it's enticing and it's making his wolf howl inside, yearning to come out and welcome their mate. Who could his mate be? He hears a knock on the door. He wobbles on his feet as he opens the door. There he is, with fiery eyes stood alpha Junsik. The pheromones he's releasing becomes suffocating, it's making Taehyung eyes water. It's like being exposed to chili powder.

"You!" Junsik shouts at him. "You're my mate, a male omega. No, I won't accept you. I wasted my time waiting for my mate only to get someone like you, a worthless omega!"

Taehyung heart breaks. His omega whimpers at their mate's harsh words. Their mate doesn't want them. He tries to speak but no words come out of his mouth. His chest is hurting and his head is spinning.

And then the alpha unleashes the final blow. "I, Park Junsik reject you Kim Taehyung as my mate!"

Taehyung falls on his knees. The pain in his chest becomes unbearable. He writhes on the cold floor as he clenches his painful chest. The alpha sneers at him and leaves their house.

Taehyung crawls towards his room. He seeks the comfort of his bed. He should have expected this-that even his own mate will despise him. He weeps nonstop, but he promises himself this is the last time he'll cry over the word 'mate'.

They are having their dinner when his father talks to him. "Taehyung, I heard that alpha Junsik rejected you, I think that's good."

"Father, my mate just rejected me, shouldn't you feel sorry for me?" He asked trying his best to stop his tears from falling.

"It's good because now alpha Junsik can finally mate your sister Hyuna. You should be proud of her. She will be the next Luna of this pack." He said proudly looking at his sister.

"Thank you father. Don't worry, when I become the Luna, I will make sure to give you a high position in this pack." Hyuna gladly replied.

"Taehyung, since alpha Junsik rejected you and you're now mateless, I have decided to grant Junsik's father request to give you to him as one of his spare omegas. He promised to give me a hefty amount for you." His father said as if he was talking about the weather and not selling Taehyung as a spare omega to the current head alpha who is more than fifty years old.

Taehyung stares at his father in disbelief. He now has doubts if he's their real son. How can they exchange him for money?

He stays quiet knowing anything he says will be futile. Once his father decided, it's final. But he will never let that happen. He will die first before he becomes a spare omega to that old bastard of an alpha. He will run away from this wicked pack, from his uncaring parents, vain sister and arrogant ex-mate.

🐾🐰🐯🐾

Yay! Finally, my second story and my first abo fic. 💫