Chapter 21

Taehyung squints his eyes as he tries to focus where he is. He releases a sigh of relief, he is in his room. He finds Hoseok sitting and sleeping at the corner sofa. Taehyung tries to clear his throat but it's parched like a desert.

Hoseok opens his eyes upon hearing him and hastily takes the glass of water placed on the side table and offers it to him. "Here, drink this. How do you feel now? I was so worried about you."

"Thank you, Hoseok hyung. My whole body is in pain and I feel weak." Taehyung tries to sit up.

"No, don't move yet, I'll get your medicine. Uhm...Taetae the head alpha is in the living room, he wants to see you. He's worried, too. Do you want to see him?" Hoseok asked.

"Of course hyung. I want to see him. I need to thank him for saving my life again." Taehyung knows he wants to see the trueblood not just to thank him. He wants to see his safe place, his comfort, his home. His heart throbs with anticipation.

"Alright, I'll tell him to come here." Hoseok smiled at him and went out of his room to speak to Jungkook.

Taehyung savors the smell of sandalwood. Jungkook enters his room and walks towards him.

Jungkook holds his hand, gently caressing his knuckles

Jungkook holds his hand, gently caressing his knuckles. Taehyung feels his pain dissipates as the trueblood's hand touches his skin.

Jungkook clears his throat intently looking at his mate. "How are you feeling? I was so worried. Please forgive me, I should have insisted on bringing you home last night." He said with a regretful face.

"It's not your fault. I told you not to bother bringing me home. If someone's to be blamed then it's me." Taehyung's eyes are wet, he doesn't want the head alpha to blame himself when he's nothing but kind and caring towards him.

"I swear my snowflake, I will find those who are responsible for what happened to you and I will end them."

Taehyung blushes at the pet name. How can Jungkook be this romantic?

"I will assign guards for you. I don't want to take chances. Please don't refuse it. I will feel at ease knowing you'll be protected at all times." Jungkook continues as he kisses his mate's hand.

"Thank you, head alpha." Taehyung has a shy smile on his face.

                                       🐺

"Soyeon, pack your clothes and valuables, we're leaving this pack!" Elder Jihun told his daughter with a shaky voice.

Soyeon looks at him confused. Why should they leave Blood Moon? Then it clicks to her. She heard about Taehyung's attack when she went outside this morning. "Are you the one who ordered cousin Siwoo to hurt omega Taehyung?" She looked at her father suspiciously. Is her father that vile? Can he really hurt someone for his ambition?

"And what if I am?! That omega should have been dead by now if the head alpha didn't save him. I don't know how, but the head alpha always seems to know when that male omega is in danger." Elder Jihun clenched his fists, the veins in his forehead throb as he fumes in anger.