Chapter 4

Jungkook scans his pack from the balcony of the main pack house. He can't help but be proud of his accomplishments.

Ever since he replaced his father as the head alpha at the age of twenty

Ever since he replaced his father as the head alpha at the age of twenty. He worked hard to make their pack what it is now. It is now the largest, richest and safest pack in the country. They are the envy of other packs. A lot of wolves want to join their pack.

He looks at the kids playing around the pack grounds. He can't help but feel sad. He too wants to have pups and a loving mate. A mate that he will love and cherish everyday of their lives. But before he could have that, he lost his mate.

His Yoongi hyung is right, he can't forever grieve the lost of his mate. He needs a Luna who will help him take care of their pack.

He enters the meeting hall. The elders and his hyungs are already there: Namjoon, his alpha advisor with his mate omega Seokjin, Yoongi, his second in command with his mate omega Jimin who is now pregnant with their first child. Alpha Lee Jihun, Soyeon's father is also there being one of the elders.

Jungkook takes his seat. "I'm aware that you have been waiting for me to have a mate who will become the Luna of our pack. I have thought about it and made my decision."

"Elder Alpha Lee Jihun, I'm choosing your omega daughter, Soyeon to be my mate."

Elder Lee Jihun is surprised but immediately jumps for joy when he realizes what the true blood just said. The other elders congratulate him. "Thank you...thank you head alpha! You won't regret this. My Soyeon is a perfect omega. She's beautiful, smart and educated. I'm sure she'll be the best Luna."

"When do you plan to hold the mating ceremony?" Namjoon eagerly asked.

"We need to know so we can start the preparation." Seokjin added.

"At the next full moon." Jungkook coldly replied.

"Head alpha, can I leave now? I have to tell my Soyeon about this good news. She will be very happy to hear this. You know, she admires you so much." Elder Jihun said, excitement evident in his voice.

"Ok this meeting is done. You may leave now." Jungkook dismissed them. The elders together with Elder Lee Jihun left the meeting hall.

Jimin approaches his brother. "Kook, is this really what you want?"

"It's not about what I want hyung. I'm doing this for our pack."

"It's the right decision, Jungkook. You need someone beside you. You deserve a family and be happy." It's Yoongi.

Am I really going to be happy? Jungkook asked himself.

The following day, Soyeon visits Jungkook in his office. She knocks at the door.

Jungkook opens the door. This is the first time the omega is this close to him. The true blood can feel his wolf grimaces and scrunches its nose. Jungkook wants to cover his nose. They didn't like Soyeon's fruity scent. But who can blame his wolf? It only wants the scent of their true mate. The scent of the calming lavender. Being a true blood, his wolf is hyperactive and hard to control. Maybe that is the reason, their true mate's scent is calming.

"Soyeon, you're here. Do you need anything?"

"Head alpha, my father informed me of your decision." She timidly said.

"Oh, let's go to the balcony and talk there."

"I want to thank you for choosing me." Soyeon started. "I promise to be a good mate and luna. And head alpha...I have always been in love with you." Soyeon blushed.

Jungkook just nods. His wolf scoffs and rolls its eyes. This is going to be hard.

🐾🐰🐯🐾

So Kookie finally decided to mate. What do you think? Is he making the right decision?