Chapter 22

Two weeks after the incident, Taehyung injuries are completely healed. Hoseok told him not to work in the clinic for the meantime and just rest at home.

Feeling suffocated inside their cabin, Taehyung goes out and sits on the bench in their garden. He looks around and marvels at the beautiful scenery.

He inhales the fresh air and enjoys the sweet smelling flowers in Hoseok's garden

He inhales the fresh air and enjoys the sweet smelling flowers in Hoseok's garden. Blood Moon is really a wonderful place for wolves, except for some wolves who hurt him. He knows it is an isolated incident and to him it doesn't taint the head alpha's reputation in handling his pack. The head alpha remains the best leader in his mind and heart. Speaking of the head alpha, he can't help but ponder, how on earth would the head alpha always find him when his life is in danger? Only true mates can do that.

His late grandparents are true mates. When he was just a child, his grandmother was in the woods gathering some rare herbs for her recipes, a huge black bear was going to attack her. Taehyung was helping his grandfather in planting some vegetable seeds at their garden, when his grandfather suddenly growled, shifted to his brown wolf and ran to search for his grandmother. His grandfather was able to save his mate, but he suffered severe injuries and died after a few days. His grandmother followed suit after a week. She didn't want to live anymore without her true mate. She died of longing and pain because of her mate's death.

Returning to the topic of the trueblood, Taehyung is utterly confused. They aren't mates, it makes no sense. Maybe its just a coincidence, he thought. Just then, he smells the familiar scent of sandalwood. The black wolf pads towards him on the bench and licks his hands.

"Cutie, you're here!" Taehyung lightly scratches the wolf behind it's ears

"Cutie, you're here!" Taehyung lightly scratches the wolf behind it's ears. The wolf enjoys being touched by their mate as it wags its tail and leans more on Taehyung's hands. "Did you miss me hmm? I was just thinking about you and your human."

Jungkook focuses on Taehyung from inside his wolf. He's elated, their mate is thinking about them. Who wouldn't feel happy about it? He has been yearning for their mate's attention everyday.

"I know we aren't mates, so it confuses me, how you always seems to know when I'm in danger." Taehyung shakes his head. "Nevermind, I guess it's just a coincidence, right? Because there's no way we're mates, my wolf would have felt the bond by now if we're mates."