Chapter 5

Taehyung watches as his pack mates busy themselves decorating the pack grounds. They are preparing for his sister and ex-mate's mating ceremony in the evening. They built a gazebo and put expensive and rare flowers on it. It is a sight to behold. The whole place is grand and luxurious. It fits Hyuna's personality; classy, lavish and proud.

From where he stands, Taehyung can see Junsik and Hyuna scenting each other

From where he stands, Taehyung can see Junsik and Hyuna scenting each other. They are nuzzling each other's neck in broad daylight. How shameless! Taehyung thought with a scowl on his face. He tries to feel his wolf. But his wolf doesn't seem affected seeing their ex-mate with her sister. Does his wolf already accept the rejection? Well whether it accepts it or not, there's nothing he can do. Their mate doesn't want them. He won't stoop low and beg Junsik to accept him. He will not lose his dignity over an egotistic alpha.

Before Junsik rejects him, he is enticed by his spicy scent. But after the rejection, his wolf repulses Junsik scent. Who wants to choke on the smell of garlic, onion, chili and pepper? Not his wolf he thinks.

Speaking of his wolf, it also becomes very quiet. It seldom reacts on what's happening around them. It's like it doesn't care anymore.

The rejection changes his wolf. It has become more elusive and aloof. Taehyung loves his wolf. After Hoseok left, it was his wolf who calmed him. His wolf is rare, being a pureblooded omega, its fur is pure white and has silver eyes while most omegas have blue eyes.

Taehyung walks home. He heads inside his small room. He looks around it. There's not much in his room, just a small bed, a bedside table and a tiny closet for his clothes. He takes his backpack and starts to pack a few clothes. Tonight while the pack is busy with the mating ceremony, he will run away.

"Taehyung, you don't have to attend Hyuna's mating ceremony. I don't want our pack mates to gossip about you and Junsik." His father told him. "It's Hyuna's special day, so I want the whole pack to focus on her."

"Don't worry, Father. I will stay home and sleep."

"That's good and prepare yourself, after Hyuna's mating ceremony, you will move to the spare omegas' quarter."

After dinner, his father and mother leave for the ceremony.

Taehyung carries his backpack and exits their house. The night is chilly. There are very few wolves strolling near the border, most of his pack mates are watching the mating ceremony. This is his chance to escape.

Taehyung walks faster to cross the border. He doesn't know where he's going. He just wants to leave and escape the misfortune of being a spare omega. He would rather die than to be used by that old man.

There's nothing left for him in this pack. His Hoseok hyung left him and his so-called true mate didn't even think twice to reject him.

He sneakily climbs the tall fence. When he gets over the fence, he will transform to his wolf so he can run faster.

He is about to jump over the fence, when someone pulls him down.

"Where do you think you're going, omega?!"

🐾🐰🐯🐾

Uh-oh Taetae was caught. What will he do now? 💫