Chapter 2

Blood Moon Pack is the largest and richest pack in the southern part of the country. The climate is perfect for plants and animals to thrive. The soil is fertile and yields abundant harvest.

The forest provides endless supply of meat for the pack.

They have the largest territory and a true blood for a head alpha.

The pack is protected by strong alphas and betas. Most omegas dutifully tend the household and take care of the young pups. While other omegas hold different professions in the pack.

"Our pack is almost perfect. Don't you think?" Yoongi said while looking at the pups playing at the pack grounds.

"Why only almost, Yoongi hyung? I think we have everything we need here."

"But not a luna. Jungkook when will you mate? You need someone to help you with the matters of the pack." Yoongi pointed out.

"I have you Yoongi hyung and my other hyungs. You have helped me enough." The true blood replied.

Yoongi sighs deeply. "Jungkook you need a mate who will cater to your needs. Who will take care of you."

The true blood shakes his head. "I had a mate, Yoongi hyung."

"Yeah 'had' it's been five years since you lost your mate. Are you still not over him?"

"How can I be over him if I didn't even get a chance to start anything with him? He died the day we found out we're mates." The true blood is now agitated. Pain evident in his eyes.

"Look Jungkook I'm just worried about you. The elders are pushing for you to mate and have an heir."

"I know, they don't fail to remind me every pack meetings." Jungkook sighed in frustration.

"Don't you find anyone here worthy to be your mate? What about Lee Soyeon? That omega likes you. I think you two are a good match. She is pretty, educated and from a prominent family."

"You know Yoongi hyung that I don't care about social status."

"Ok...ok, but just give it a thought. You'll get the elders off your back and you'll have someone to take care of you. Soyeon is not a bad choice. You have nothing to lose."

"I'll think about it Yoongi hyung."

"Yes do that, I have to go home now. Jimin must be worried. It's late already."

Yoongi leaves for home. Jungkook remains at the porch of the main pack house.

The true blood rubs his face. He remembers that one fateful night like it was just yesterday. He and other alphas were patrolling at the boundaries of their pack territory when he smelled his mate. He almost lost control of his wolf as the scent of his mate was tainted with the smell of blood. His wolf wanted to crush whoever hurt their mate.

He hurriedly searched for his mate and when he found him, he was barely alive.

He held his mate in his arms and before he even got his name, his mate took his last breath.

His mate was a beautiful male omega. He can't help but blame the moon goddess why he wasn't able to find his mate earlier and saved him. Maybe now they're happy and with pups.

He tries to move on. But both him and his wolf are stubborn. Their heart won't beat for anyone else. So what should he do?

Maybe his Yoongi hyung is right. Maybe he should mate even if he can't love that person. He would mate for the sake of his pack.

Jungkook gets up from his chair. He has made up his mind and tomorrow, he'll let the elders know that he will mate omega Soyeon.

🐾🐰🐯🐾

Poor Kookie, he didn't even get his mate's name. 💫