Chapter 18

Taehyung continues to assist Hoseok at the pack clinic. It helps a bit to get his mind off from thinking about the head alpha. But at the end of the day, he still can't help it. The head alpha occupies a great part of his thoughts daily.

"Taetae, are you really okay? Why don't you just give the head alpha another chance?" Hoseok worriedly asked. He can see that his best friend is hurting.

"Can I ask you too, Hoseok hyung? Have you moved on from Hyuna's rejection?" Taehyung asked him back.

"I have, it's hard at the beginning but I have. I realized Hyuna is not worth it, she's not worth my tears especially my affection. I know what you're thinking, your ex-mate is a bastard and a fool to reject you, but the head alpha is different. I think he genuinely cares for you."

Taehyung takes a deep breath, he won't deny it, he misses the head alpha but he can't rush into a relationship which is uncertain. He knows the head alpha likes him and he also has feelings for the alpha but he's skeptical, they're not true mates, even if they mated, their bond will be weak. Given his status, power and looks, the head alpha would have hundreds of wolves lining up for him. And Taehyung is anxious that mating him will not hinder the alpha from falling for another wolf.

"I'll think about it Hoseok hyung." He finally answered.

                                        🐺

Meanwhile at Harvest Moon.

Hyuna is seething in anger. Lately Junsik has been coming home drunk and smells of different omegas. The alpha is ignoring her as if she doesn't exist.

It's already after midnight and Junsik isn't home yet. She's been waiting for him for hours while sitting in their living room. The door suddenly opens and a very drunk Junsik barges inside.

"Where have you been, Junsik. I've been waiting here for hours!" Hyuna screams as she has enough of Junsik's behavior.

Junsik glares at her, his eyes are laced with disdain. "Did I ask you to wait for me?" He grips Hyuna's wrist tightly. Hyuna winces in pain. "You think just because I mated you, you can raise your voice at me! Tsk! Tsk! You're nothing but a useless mate and Luna of this pack! You're not even capable of giving this pack an heir! I regret mating a barren like you! If I had known earlier, I would have mated your omega brother at least he's a pureblood and can give me a strong heir."

He lets go of her hand forcefully. "Be grateful, I still let you have the title of being Luna of this pack! Don't test my patience!" Junsik turned around to leave but stopped and looked at her. "Oh, one more thing, tell your father, I'm removing him from his position as the head of pack's finance office. Starting tomorrow he will report to the head guard who is stationed at the borders. He will serve as a guard there. He deserves it for having a useless daughter like you!"

Hyuna's heart sinks. "B-but my father is too old to be a pack border guard."

"Do you think I care?" He laughed maniacally and left a crying Hyuna in the living room.

                                        🐺

"Kook, Where are you?" Jimin called for his brother.

"In the kitchen hyung." Jungkook answered him.

Jimin walks to the kitchen and finds his brother baking. "Wow! That strawberry cheesecake looks yummy. Can I taste it?"

 Can I taste it?"