Chapter 3

Growing up Taehyung was never a demanding child. He's always thankful for even a little attention he gets from his parents and sister. But that doesn't mean he's not hurting. He's still human and have feelings.

He witnessed how his parents always look and treat them differently. Her sister is always given the best of everything: clothes, jewelry, shoes and best education. Even their room, while her sister's room fits for a princess, his is just a little short of a servant's quarter.

Friends, friends are even too far fetched. Most of the children in their pack stick to his sister. Of course, they would want to befriend the princess and not the pauper like him.

When he was twelve, surprisingly a beta boy approached him and tried to befriend him. Taehyung being used to a recluse existence tried his best to avoid him. But Jung Hoseok, the beta boy was persistent. While Taehyung welcomed him with glares and scowls. Hoseok returned them with his smiles that could rival the brightness of the sun.

And so Taehyung gave in, he accepted Hoseok's friendship. And Taehyung realized that it is the best decision he made. Hoseok is kind, thoughtful and funny. He's like the caring older brother Taehyung never had.

 He's like the caring older brother Taehyung never had

For once, he was happy. He found his person, his Hoseok hyung. Hoseok showed him there's beauty in life, it doesn't always have to be gloomy. They spent their time together playing, goofing, running around the town, tasting different kinds of food and visiting beautiful places around the pack. Taehyung couldn't ask for more.

He thought nothing can't separate them. Hoseok is his only friend and he treasures him. So he was devastated two years ago when he found out that Hoseok left their pack. He cried for weeks, he lost his only friend.

"Being spare omega isn't that bad, you know." He was halted from his thoughts by his sister. "You get to have nice clothes, jewelry and other things, maybe not as grand as what I would have being the next Luna but at least you can have those."

"Why did you do it, Hyuna? Why did you so ruthlessly rejected Hoseok hyung? He is kind, caring and would be the best mate. Why?"

"Best mate? Yeah right! A mere beta, do you think I deserve a mere middle class beta as my mate? Me, the great Hyuna, who everyone in this pack is dying to be with. I deserve only the best. That's why I will mate Junsik." She rolled her eyes at him.

"Hoseok hyung is the only friend I have, how can you be so cruel?"

"So should I sacrifice my happiness for your petty friendship? Not happening."

"Will you really be happy?"

"Of course, I'll be the next Luna of the pack. I will live like a queen. I will have servants at my call. And most importantly, I will have the best alpha in this pack as my mate. Why would I not be happy? I know you envy me but that's our life I deserve the best while you should be contented for what's given to you. Prepare yourself, Father said that two days after my mating ceremony, you will be brought to the head alpha. At least for once be useful to our parents. They'll get a large amount of money in exchange for you." Hyuna scowled at him and headed towards her room.

Two years ago, Taehyung still remembers. It was  Hoseok's 18th birthday. Hoseok went to their house to invite him. Beforehand, Taehyung made a beautiful scarf to gift his Hoseok hyung. He heard a knock on their door, Hyuna was the one who opened it. He heard that it was Hoseok who came. Taehyung excitedly went to the living room to greet his hyung, but he didn't expect the sight that welcomed him. Hoseok was writhing on the floor, face all red, tears were streaming on his eyes. He was clenching his chest. His breathing was uneven. He looked like he's drowning. Hyuna was looking at him with disgust as she was mercilessly rejecting her mate, Hoseok.

Taehyung brought a lifeless looking Hoseok back to his house. He tried to comfort him, but how can he comfort a wolf rejected by his own mate?

Since that day, Hoseok sunshine smiles were gone. He locked himself in his room. Taehyung tried to be there for him but Hoseok was never the same.

Then it happened, he really lost his Hoseok hyung. A week after the rejection Hoseok left their pack. And Taehyung was alone again.

🐾🐰🐯🐾

Will Taehyung see Hoseok again? I'd like to find out too. 💫