Chapter 17

The thing about Taehyung's wolf being a pureblooded omega is its protectiveness to their loved ones. But because his human is constantly mistreated and shunned by his own family, his wolf becomes more protective of its human. Taehyung can solely count on his wolf to be there for him.

When Taehyung reaches the age of 18, he and his wolf are both in a bliss

When Taehyung reaches the age of 18, he and his wolf are both in a bliss. They are to find their true mate. They're elated, finally someone would care, love and protect them, after all that's what a mate should do, right? But their hope is shattered, even their mate looks down on them. He called them worthless and cruelly rejected them.

Taehyung's wolf knows he will suffer the pain of rejection, and seeing their true mate with his sister will add salt to their already wounded heart. So his wolf acted on it and created a barrier to the mate's bond. That is the reason why after Junsik rejected them, the alpha's spicy scent that used to enticed them, becomes repulsive to them. They didn't feel anything when Junsik and Hyuna mated. That is how his wolf protected them and how Taehyung recovered from rejection in no time.

Namjoon sighs for a hundredth time in disappointment. He has read upon books and books looking for answers on how Taehyung's wolf will feel their bond with Jungkook, but his efforts are in vain. The books in the pack's huge library don't have the answers he's searching for.

"Here, drink some coffee and rest for a while to clear your mind. You've been here all day." Seokjin handed a cup of coffee to his mate.

"Thanks Jinnie. I feel useless, I want to help Jungkook but luck is not on my side. I still can't find answers that will make Taehyung and his wolf recognized Jungkook as their mate." Namjoon takes a sip of his coffee.

"Maybe the answer is not in this library." Seokjin hummed as he scanned the books in front of them.

Namjoon frowns at him. "What do you mean, Jinnie?"

"I'm saying, maybe we should get to know Taehyung better to get the answer we're looking for. We should meet him at Hoseok's house." Seokjin replied at him.

Namjoon face beams. "That's a brilliant idea, Jinnie. Can I kiss you?"

"You wish." Seokjin teases. "Tomorrow let's meet Taehyung. I will cook his favorite dishes."

"Okay, now let's go home. I'm starving." Namjoon holds his mate's hand as they exit the library.

Jungkook longingly stares at his mate from afar. He can feel a pang of hurt in his chest. His wolf is restless, it's whining constantly and urging him to go to their mate.

 His wolf is restless, it's whining constantly and urging him to go to their mate

Jungkook knows he should respect Taehyung's request to give him space. But that doesn't mean, he'll stop showing how much Taehyung means to him. Jungkook continues sending him sunflowers daily. It gives him a little hope because Taehyung still accepts the flowers. After seeing their mate, Jungkook gloomily goes back to his office.

Taehyung is sitting on the couch in the living room. He is tired from assisting Hoseok at the pack clinic, but at least it takes his mind off from thinking and missing Jungkook.

He is halted from his thoughts when he hears a knock on the door. He opens it and is surprised to see Seokjin and Namjoon. He is not expecting them to visit him.

"Good evening, Seokjin hyung and Namjoon hyung." He greeted them. "Are you here to see Hoseok hyung? He's still at the pack clinic."

Seokjin shakes his head and smiles at him. "Ah no, we're here for you. Hoseok said you have a little appetite nowadays, so I cooked some dishes for you."

Namjoon instructs their helpers to set the food on the dining table.

The helpers leaves after finishing their task

The helpers leaves after finishing their task. Namjoon calls for Seokjin and Taehyung from the dining room. Taehyung is overwhelmed by so many dishes laid on the table. Seokjin is always overdoing things like this.

"Wow! Seokjin hyung, these are too much. Are you going to feed the whole pack?"

Seokjin fondly smiles at him. "I cooked them for you. Come, sit down and eat. We don't want you to get sick. The head alpha will have our heads."

"Uh...Seokjin hyung, did the head alpha ask you to do this?" He hesitantly asked.

"No, it's me and Joonie who did this for you."

Taehyung heart drops at that, but he knows it's him who asked the head alpha to give him space, he shouldn't feel disappointed.

Seokjin notices the sudden sadness on Taehyung's features. "Come on, taste this pork belly and tell me what you think." He puts the meat on Taehyung's plate.

The three of them eat the food Seokjin prepared. After their dinner, they sit on the living room.

"Taehyung, if you don't mind, can I talk to you about your ex-mate? I hope I'm not crossing the line here." Namjoon asked nervously.

"Oh, I don't mind Namjoon hyung. What do you want to know?" Taehyung gave him his boxy grin.

"How did your wolf feel after your mate rejected you?"

"At first, it was very painful. It was hard to breathe like we were drowning. My chest was hurting and his pheromone was suffocating us. But the next day, I felt nothing, the pain was gone and we repulsed our ex-mate's scent." Taehyung narrated what he remembers.

Namjoon curiously looks at him. "Does your wolf react when you're with Jungkook?"

"Huh?! No, even if I like the head alpha. It's just me, my wolf doesn't react to him. It makes sense since we're not mates. You're the head alpha's advisor, you must know that our wolves can only feel their mates." Taehyung pointed out.

Namjoon deeply sighs. He is at the dead end. He thought they could get answers from Taehyung but they would leave empty handed. "Alright, I think we must leave now it's getting late. Thank you for talking to us, Taehyung."

Seokjin pulls Taehyung into a tight hug. "If you need anything, just come to me okay."

Taehyung nods and genuinely smiles at him. "Thank you, Seokjin hyung."

🐺

"Uncle, you called for me?" An alpha asked his uncle.

"Siwoo, I have an important task for you."

"What is it uncle?"

"You know that the head alpha cancelled the mating agreement with your cousin Soyeon. It's because of that stray male omega. It looks like the head alpha is attracted to him. Unless that omega is gone, the head alpha will not mate Soyeon and my plan to have the next heir of this pack to come from our bloodline will fail. I want you to get rid of that omega." Soyeon's father eyes darkened.

"Consider it done, uncle." Siwoo smirked at him.

🐾🐰🐯🐾

Uh-oh evils are starting to make their move. 💫