Chapter 16

Taehyung just wants to be loved. Is it too much to ask? Is he not worthy to have someone he can call his? Looking at the moon through the window he can't help but question the moon goddess-why life has never been kind to him?

 Is it too much to ask? Is he not worthy to have someone he can call his? Looking at the moon through the window he can't help but question the moon goddess-why life has never been kind to him?

He is an obedient son and a good brother, but his family treated him like dirt and later like some goods to make money from. He remains pure for his mate but Junsik ruthlessly rejected him.

He thought when head alpha Jungkook asked to court him, he would finally have someone he can call his, he would have someone who will love him. But what happened at the dinner hall proves him wrong. He never thought the alpha could do this to him. His tears are now streaming down his cheeks.

He hears a knock on the door. He wipes his tears with his palm and goes to open the door. He thought it was Hoseok, but when he heard the voice of the person outside, it was Jungkook.

"Taehyung, please open the door. Let me explain." The alpha begged with a broken voice.

Taehyung opens the door with a heavy heart and allows the alpha to come inside. When Jungkook sees his mate's face, both he and his wolf are devastated. He caused this-the sadness, the tears, and the pain that marred his omega's beautiful face. Jungkook feels like his heart is breaking into millions of pieces. His chest tightens and he tries to swallow the lump in his throat.

Taehyung throws a forlorn gaze at Jungkook. "Before you say anything head alpha, let me ask you. Did you or did you not tell omega Soyeon that you're cancelling your mating agreement?"

"Taehyung I-" Jungkook wants to bury himself. He disappointed his mate. His wolf is howling and whimpering inside him. Are they going to lose their mate because of his mistake?

"Please be honest with me." Taehyung tries again. His voice cracks and tears well up in his eyes as he speaks.

"I did not, not yet." Jungkook utters and loudly sobs. He's too ashamed to meet his mate's eyes.

"It's not the kiss that hurts me, head alpha. It is knowing that omega Soyeon did that because you made her think that you still belong to her."

"Taehyung I-i'm never hers and I will never be hers. I'm yours, only yours, please I beg you... please let me redeem myself to you. Give me another chance." Jungkook pleaded while his orbs are drenched with tears. "I am supposed to tell Soyeon and the council of elders that I'm cancelling my mating agreement with her at the council meeting. Believe me, I didn't invite Soyeon at the dinner, she just came and suddenly kissed me. I would never betray you, I swear."