Chapter 10

Hoseok didn't expect the sight that welcomed him when he entered the pack clinic. There, his best friend who he left two years ago lying on the bed, heavily injured and barely breathing.

He saw red, and he attacked the true blood wanting to avenge his precious friend, his Taetae.

"Hoseok calm down, it's not Jungkook. He didn't cause this, it was the rogues!" Yoongi uttered as he tried his best to restrain the fuming beta. "Jungkook was the one who found and saved him!"

Hoseok stops struggling and Yoongi releases him. Hoseok bows his head in shame. He acted rashly and didn't hear the head alpha's side first.

"I-I'm sorry, head alpha. I didn't know. Thank you for saving my Taetae."

"It's okay...just please treat him. We will talk later." Jungkook replied now looking at his unconscious mate.

Hoseok moves fast and begins to treat Taehyung's wounds. He carefully applies medicine and bandage to his wounds.

The beta notices the unusual behavior of their head alpha. He never leaves Taehyung's side. He is looking at him with worried eyes.

"Taetae will be fine but he needs rest to heal faster. He is my best friend whom I left in my old pack. I left because my true mate rejected me and that affected my wolf badly. I left to heal my wolf and came to your pack." Hoseok told the true blood. They are now both sitting beside the omega's bed.

"I wanted to take Taetae with me. But, he was too young and hasn't met his true mate yet. I don't want to deprive him of the chance of meeting his mate and the life he could have with them. So I left him there."

Jungkook wants to laugh at Hoseok. Hoseok thought to leave Taehyung to his would be mate, but he is here, he is the omega's true mate. What a joke!

"Hoseok..." the true blood gazed at the beta. "I'm his true mate."

The beta's eyes widen in shock and stares at Jungkook as if he just said that elephants fly.

Hoseok scowls at Jungkook. "Head alpha, I know that Taetae is ethereal and a perfect omega, but you don't have to lie just to have him. I know that your true mate is already dead, so stop lying. You have omega Soyeon waiting for you to mate her. Leave Taetae alone! I won't let you hurt him."

Jungkook's wolf growls at Hoseok. His wolf wants to come out and show this beta his place. How can the beta even think that it's possible for them to hurt their mate.

Jungkook takes a deep breath trying to calm his wolf. "I have to go outside to get some fresh air." He went out of the clinic fearing that his wolf might hurt Hoseok.

Taehyung opens his eyes. He looks around wondering where he is. Then he sees him, his Hoseok hyung. Is he dreaming right now?

"H-Hoseok hyung." The omega cried.

Hoseok hurriedly walks towards Taehyung and tightly hugs him. "Hush...Taetae don't cry. I'm here now. I'll keep you safe. No one can hurt you anymore. Your hyung is here."

Jungkook and his wolf feel it. Their mate is awake. They rushes back to the clinic to see their mate. Their mate must be waiting for them since true mate wolves can feel each other. Jungkook's wolf can't contain its excitement. It wants to bask at their mate's lavender scent. It wants to nuzzle his mate's neck and scents him.

Jungkook is about to enter when he hears Taehyung and Hoseok talking. He stops by the door. He is utterly confused as to why their mate doesn't notice his presence. His mate's wolf should have recognized him. He should have urged Taehyung to turn around and look at him, but why it seems that his mate's wolf is unaffected by him.

"Your mate rejected you!" Jungkook heard Hoseok shouted in an angry voice.

Jungkook trembles as he leans on the door. His mate has another mate?

🐾🐰🐯🐾

Kookie and his wolf are whipped with their mate. But there's a teeny weeny problem, Taehyung and his wolf don't recognize them as their mate. What will Kookie do? What about Soyeon? Will she accept that Kookie has a true mate now? 💫