V1 - C3 - P1: Entrance Preparation Pt1.

(INT) means "In Thought" as in thinking

(MRY) means "Memory" as in remembering something.

----------------------

Timeskip(12 Days).
Location: Bereznik.

Seiji and Riku sit at a table outside a coffee brewery in a fantasy medieval town near the docks, a sight unfamiliar to someone born in modern times. However, Seiji, having spent four years in this reincarnated world, is accustomed to cities and villages bearing this fantastical appearance.

Seiji idly propped his chin on his fist, watching with boredom as the residents of this place passed by.

Shinoda Seiji(INT):
"Twelve long days had passed and our manhunt for Kade. If only I had pushed myself harder, perhaps he would not have escaped."

Riku casually sipped her tea while chatting with Seiji, yet it became evident that his attention was more fixated on Kade's whereabouts than on Riku's conversation.

Shinoda Seiji(INT):
"I can't help but feel that Kade grows stronger with each passing moment, gaining a greater understanding of the world around him. I just hope we can catch him before he does anything terrible."

Hagakiri Riku:
"Seiji?"
"Seiji..."
"Seiji!"

Seiji's focus shattered as Riku called his name, causing him to jolt slightly; he noticed her mildly irritated expression, which softened as she readjusted her glasses.

Hagakiri Riku:
*Sigh*
"I see that you're still thinking about..."
"Him."

Shinoda Seiji:
"W– was it that obvious?"

She nodded as she sipped from her cup of tea.

Shinoda Seiji:
"I mean, am I wrong for doing so?"
"That man is all types of wrong, so of course I would, I'm concerned."

Hagakiri Riku:
"No, it doesn't make you wrong, but that doesn't mean it is right."
"Listen, Seiji, thinking about something all the time will physically and mentally drain you."
"And when the moment arrives, you won't be awake to do the work."

Shinoda Seiji:
"I know, it's just..."
"What if he–"

Hagakiri Riku:
"Pondering on the countless "what if's" only leads to stagnation. The future is uncertain, and there is no use getting worked up over it."