V1 - C7 - P1: Inability.

(INT) means "In Thought" as in thinking

(MRY) means "Memory" as in remembering something.

----------------------

In the large and deep depths of the woods, almost nearing sunfall.

Sat ontop of a boulder, was Seiji, drenched in sweat, with an expression showing exhaustion which was evident through his heavy breathing. He took a substantial gulp from the wooden cup filled with of some mysterious green juice, entering into deep contemplation.

Shinoda Seiji(INT):
"Thanks to Lunas great sense of smell, we were able to get a gist of where He may be."
"Though, if we were to find him, it wouldn't be smart as to come up at him, knowing full well with the probability that he's greatly improved throughout the fourteen to fifteen days since we've last seen him."
"Let's not tend to forget, that he also has The System by his side, and just like I, he'll easily become stronger."

He took another gulp of the wooden cup and let out a grossed-out exhale, wiping off the green juices from his lips.

Shinoda Seiji(INT):
"Drinking this Langinen Juice would be more enjoyable if it didn't taste like absolute barf."
"Why do some medicinal things that are beneficial for a person, always have to taste so gross?"
"Being low on energy is bad enough, now I have to swallow this gunk?"

Hagakiri Riku:
"Seiji, are you finished with your break?"

Shinoda Seiji:
"O– oh! Uh, yes!"

Hagakiri Riku:
"Then hurry it up, we still have training to do."

Shinoda Seiji:
"Right."

He cleared his throat and felt the effects of the Langinen Juice kicking in.

Langinen Juice has rejuvenating properties, gradually restoring stamina, relieving stress, and boosting energy levels. Though, its effects are temporary, providing increased alertness for a limited duration before wearing off.

He stood up from the rock and stepped forward onto the large patch of field in the forest. Beneath the trees sat Luna, Alys, Eira, and Anyssa, watching Seiji and Riku as they started their sparring match.

Luna Emberscraw:
"Yo, Kiri."
"When are ya' done sparring with Sei? I wanna fight next."

Hagakiri Riku:
"When one of us is done."

Shinoda Seiji(INT):
"Riku still can't shake the thought that the Nostrali Knights just stood by as the fight at the kingdom commenced."
"Had they intervened and apprehended Kade, there would be no mess for anyone to deal with right now."
*Sigh*

Hagakiri Riku:
"Seiji, stop thinking, and focus."

Seiji nodded, grabbing the wooden sword, raising it defensively. Their blades met briefly, before suddenly turning into an exchange of precise blocking and hitting.

Seiji jumped back to avoid her strike and retaliated with a downward stab. Riku blocked his strike and slashed sideways, forcing Seiji to raise his sword to deflect her blow. As the duel wore on, Luna crossed her arms, and let out an exhale showing a bored expression.

Luna Emberscraw(INT):
"Tch, will one of these two hurry it up?"
"I'm gettin' bored over here..."

Eira Morfiel:
"I know that look, Luna."
"Weren't you fighting a beast just two hours ago?"

She lunges forward, her own strike aimed at Seiji's legs. He leaps back, just barely avoiding the attack.

Luna Emberscraw:
"Ehh... yeah, but it wasn't even that much of a challenge."

Eira Morfiel:
"Right."

Alys Celastrina(INT):
"Those two have been at it for quite some time."
"But I can't stop and notice the looks in their eyes. Though, I can see why everyone is so tense."
"The lack of leads on Kade, the constant search, and the uncertainty of what's to come is taking a toll on everyone. With each passing day that Kade is not found, the tension grows."
"I can't help but wonder if this will be our fate forever."

As the two continue to spar, each strike becoming more intense and more precise, it becomes clear that they are evenly matched. The wooden katanas make contact again and again, each time the sound ringing out like the beat of a drum.

Seiji's breath comes in quick, shallow gasps, and he can feel the sweat dripping down his forehead. Riku, on the other hand, looks calm and collected, her eyes never leaving Seiji.

And with a push, Seiji sends Riku's weapon flying out of her hands, leaving her defenseless.

Shinoda Seiji(INT):
"There!"
"I finally got you!"

He closes the distance between them, ready to strike the finishing blow. But at the last second, Riku's foot shoots out, sweeping Seiji's legs out from under him. She catches her wooden katana as it flies through the air, and in one swift motion, she swings the sword and stops just right when it's about to hit his neck, slightly grazing it.

Hagakiri Riku:
"Not bad..."
"But you're still too fast to assume your opponent is finished."
"Even without weapons, one may grow complacent and fight without heed to the risks, continuing the struggle until one of the other is dead."

Without a second thought, Luna stood up from the ground and out of the shades of the tree, she hops and stretches her arms to get loose, proceeds to crack her knuckles and neck before stopping.

Luna Emberscraw:
"Alright! It's me and you, Sei!"
"Get ready for–"

All of a sudden, Luna, in a surprising manner, stopped talking. She twisted her head and body in a particular direction, sensing a scent caught by her nose.
The others took notice of this and immediately stood up.

Hagakiri Riku:
"Is it him?"

She held out her finger in a gesture to have everyone be quiet while she sniffed the air.

Luna Emberscraw:
"If I had to guess..."
"I would say that the destination to where Butt-Naked is..."
"He's roughly northeast to east..."
"And approximately thirty kilometres away from our current location."
"Wait... I just lost the scent."

Anyssa Mosatra:
"It doesn't matter anymore."
"That's just about six hours, so we'll be there almost before moonfall."

Seiji took his sheathed katana and bag from the rock, prompting the others to do the same.

Shinoda Seiji:
"Then it's settled, we'll be at the destination, and then rest there."

The five girls all nodded in agreement, and then followed behind Seiji into the forest to the northeast. Seiji had a determined expression on his face as he thought to himself.

Shinoda Seiji(INT):
"Just you wait, Kade."
"I'll make sure I stop you, before you do anymore harm..."

----------------------

Just to clarify: Moonfall means "Sunrise" and Sunfall is just "Sunset. I made it that this world uses different names/whatever for the terms we use.