V1 - C6 - P3: Combative Trials.

Hao, overwhelmed with energetic excitement, clenches both of his fists and shouts enthusiastically.

Huo Hao:
"ALRIGHT! LET'S DO THIS–"

Ara gives Hao a smack to the back of his head to quiet him down from excessive shouting.

Huo Hao:
"Ow! A– Ara!"

Haeun Ara:
"Stop shouting so much, you fool."

Professor Raijiro:
"Now now, don't get all riled up just yet, my dear students! I still have a few things to explain."
"You see, the timetables at this academy are quite unique. Unlike most magical schools where each class period typically lasts around fifty minutes, our final period for physical or magical training can range anywhere from one and a half to two hours."

Most of the class groaned wearily about how long they'd be in the last period.
As Raijiro went on to explain the basics in fighting and almost all of the other stuff some of them found boring, they thought to themselves.

Haneul Yoon(INT):
*Groans*
"We're gonna be here till fifth NT..."

Kaimana Kuro(INT):
"I wonder if I hide behind those bushes in those trees, will they notice me sleeping there?"

Ayumi Tokiko(INT):
*Sigh*
"This is ridiculous, and we have to do this everyday!"
"Though..."
"If this is what it takes to become a powerful mage, then fine..."

Mujin Daeho(INT):
"Good, getting the gist of multiple fighting styles will definitely improve my prowess."

Professor Raijiro:
"–Now that we've got all of that out of the way, let's move onto the main event—the Combat Trials!"
"This period will focus on improving your combat skills, teamwork, and coordination."
"The twelve of you will be divided into pairs and must face off against the other pair in this very ring."

"Now don't worry about getting injured. We'll be providing you all with leather armor imbued with a magical attribute that will halve the damage and impact from any physical or magical attacks. This is only a spar, but I encourage you all to take it seriously and learn from the experience."

"Now, let's line up so I can choose your pairs for the trial. Remember, no complaining if you're paired with someone you don't know. At this school, it's important that everyone gets to know each other."

The twelve stood shoulder to shoulder in a straight line, all focused on the professor as he ran his fingers along his chin and considered his options.

Professor Raijiro:
"Haneul Yoon, and Yan Shi."
"Kang Daewon, and Kagetsuki Aya."

Kagetsuki Aya & Kang Daewon:
"Yes!"

Professor Raijiro:
"Haeun Ara, and Chiara Ricci."
"Sato Ren, and Kaimana Kuro."
"Huo Hao, and Ayumi Tokiko."
"Finally..."

Hei'an Wu(INT):
"Don't tell me..."

Mujin Daeho(INT):
"You've got to be joking..."

Hei'an Wu(INT):
"Don't say it bastard."

Professor Raijiro:
Hei'an Wu, and Mujin Daeho!"