𝟢𝟢𝟣,𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬

ONE

THREE MONTHS LATER

I don't think the US is too bad. We've arrived here a week ago and the house is starting to get more decorative.

It was quite the struggle to bring all our stuff across the ocean by plane, but we did it. 

Our house is big. Like, not as big as if we're millionaires, but way bigger than the house we had back in the United Kingdom. Though I'm pretty sure the houses here are less expensive.

There's a veranda in front of the blue house. The floor of the veranda is a light brown color, the poles connected with it are white. Our living room is big enough for a whole movie cast, and the kitchen doesn't even compare to our old one in the slightest.

The counter is long. I think I'll finally be able to purchase that mixer, 'cause it'll definitely fit on here. There's a tap that can disconnect from the actual sink, which is pretty cool.

There's way more, but not too relevant for me. My room's big too, and I can't wait to hang my poster of The Swan Lake on the wall, lay my albums of Pyotr Ilych Tchaikovsky down, and organize all my leotards and tights and some tutus.

Yes, ballet is somewhat my life, so I was glowing when I heard there's a good school here.

Then, there's a yelp and I'm afraid Newt bursted out again, but his following yelps seem happy enough.

I get up from my bed, hoping he didn't already find a lover and is messing with them, but once I'm in the hallway, I realize that's luckily not the case.

"Oh, my God!" He peeps, taking ahold of my shoulders as if he just received the best news ever. "Did I ever tell you about that boy I accidentally met online when I was tryin' to figure out how the internet works?"

"Uh— maybe. I don't know. I guess you mentioned it once or twice."

"Yeah, alright, so," he takes a breath, "I found out he lives in this state. Even bloody better, next door."

My eyebrows fly up. "You expect me to believe this?"

Newt's often very serious, but he likes to joke just as much as Sonya, and there's no way his online friend lives next door because the earth is enormous, and I refuse to believe Newt could ever make an online friend with his dry ass typing.

And I explain those theories to him.

"Yes, but when Mom and Dad insisted to move, I did have a voice in it and I knew the one who's helped me through a lot so far, lives in this area. But I swear I didn't plan for him to live next door! I thought we would make it an hour drive so I could meet up with him a few times. But this is awesome, Rosa!"

"Rose," I correct.

"Blossom." He rolls his eyes. "Man, I've got to meet him."

My arms cross automatically. "Who knows it's an old man? Who knows he's lying and you show up there? Do you even know his name?"

"Of course I know his name!" His smile grows. "It's Lady GlitterPie."

I can't help but smile a bit. "Have you ever seen his face?"