𝟢𝟤𝟫,𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰

TWENTY - NINE

I successfully convinced my family I would be sleeping at Teresa's house tonight, while in reality I'll be right next door.

It's a simple lie I'm sure they'll forgive me for (if they ever happen to find out), but it still makes me feel bad because lately all I've been doing is lying.

When we get in Thomas's house, it's only thirty past nine. Work ends at nine, which is quite early. Luca mentioned he planned to stay open for longer, though. Most people haven't finished eating in a restaurant at nine yet.

Along with that, I never picked any things up at home. No clothes, no laxatives, just have my ballet bag and the clothes I'm currently wearing.

I try not to overthink anything. Tonight, I'll just relax and enjoy some time with Thomas without fearing to get caught, and let go of all the food things. Only once.

He's beaming right now. I think I am too, especially when I see Glitter.

"Hi!" I sit down on the couch next to her, not hesitating to take the cat on my lap. Soon, she's making satisfied noises at my petting.

"I'll make some noodles, alright?" Thomas kisses my cheek from behind. "Or Mac and Cheese? Ramen?"

I shrug. "Whatever you like."

"But I don't think it's a good idea to make noodles out of you," he says, voice unnecessary sad. "Mac and Cheese it will be!"

I laugh at him, then continue petting Glitter. "Do you want me to help?"

"I got it," he replies from the kitchen. "Will be done in five minutes."

Thomas was right. Five minutes later, there's two bowls full of Mac and Cheese in front of us, the steam still coming off it.

I'll do it. I haven't eaten anything else today... or really the last days, so these will be the calories I can get this week. It looks good, after all. My stomach does a flip.

"Watch out. Don't burn your mouth." Thomas scoots one of the bowls over.

I smile. "You'll have to kiss it better."

"Well..." He hesitates. "Nope. It wouldn't be worth it, because you'd be in pain."

A chuckle leaves my mouth before I take a small bite. After that, it takes a lot to not dive into it. It feels wrong and right at once, but only because Thomas is smiling at me. It gives a lot of encouragement, you know?

"I'll make you a shower after this," he says. "Hot water relaxes the muscles after all the ballet."

A blush spreads on my cheeks. "Thank you."

"Don't worry about the rest," he adds. "I got you the little basket, remember? Tampons, pads, hairbrush, and you can use Mom's shampoo and conditioner in the shower."

What did I even do to deserve him? My smile grows so much it hurts my cheekbones. "Thank you, Thomas."

"No problem." He returns the smile. "How's the Mac and Cheese?"

"Good," I confirm. I'm tempted to eat the whole bowl, but my stomach won't be used to all of it and I think I'll throw up. I don't want Thomas to be there when that happens. "I don't think I can finish the whole thing, though."

"That's alright." He nods. "More for me."

I chuckle in reply. Once we've finished eating, I clean the bowls and the pan Thomas used while he puts the shower on. To be honest, I like that because other people's showers have a million buttons I don't understand.