𝟢𝟥𝟤,𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

THIRTY - TWO

I wanted to ask him a million more things, but Thomas remained somewhat completely quiet the rest of the night.

Now time is going quickly, and it's already the next day. Thomas is at home, I'm at home, getting ready for ballet, and I'm not sure what the hell's going on right now.

So they're making a serum. To give people energy or something. But to make that serum, they need money. And they want to get money by making people work for it. And they create a serum by using a healthy body, which then results less healthy because it needs to work so much. So they give that body the serum, and they get energy again.

And then they make lots of money because they force that person to work and work and work. AKA Gally and his rugby tour. The couple from the tape we watched? Whoever was ever Janson's star?

I think Thomas indeed told me everything. But still, I don't mind that he did it before the play. Now I know not to trust Janson too much, though I also don't feel in danger around him. Not yet, at least.

He needs me for the play and I'm well aware of that.

I will never go to his house again, though.

T <3

Hey Blondie
Didn't mean to go to bed without really making things up. Let's never do that again, shall we?

I certainly agree

Also, be careful today. Don't make Janson suspicious that you now know quite a lot, alright?
Wait, never mind. I'm coming with you.

You don't have to
You hate being around Janson

Yes, and I hate it if you're around Janson all alone. Well, with Aris, but still. So I'll pick you up and then watch your practice, alright?
Every practice until the play is.

Is that really a good idea? I'd get distracted.

Just focus on dancing. Maybe I can get some more info about WCKD in the meanwhile.

Okay fine. But don't cause trouble or anything

I promise I'll try to be nice to Janson

"I sincerely break my promise," he whispers the second we see Janson.

I groan.

Something in Janson's face twitches once he sees who I brought with me. "Thomas! What a lovely surprise."

They shake hands. The discomfort is dripping straight off their faces as they do so, and Thomas presses his lips together, hard. "Good to see you," he manages.

"Likewise."

For sure.

"What brings you here?" Janson asks. It doesn't really sound mean. Just curious.

"My g- Rose," he says. "I've decided to watch her lessons more often. I'm sure that's alright, isn't it?"

The man smiles, yet his eyes don't. "Of course. Just don't interfere. Keep your mouth shut."