𝟢𝟥𝟩,𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝

THIRTY - SEVEN

"Hi!" I smile at Thomas on the screen, especially because he got his chin buried in the top of his jacket, and a black beanie covers his hair, snow falling on top of him.

(A/n: Coriolanus Snow please fall on top of
me too)

"Hey." I know he's smiling too. Even without the sight on his lips, his eyes squint. "How're you?"

"Good," I say. Right now, seeing him, I indeed am doing good. "And you? Isn't it a bit cold?"

"It's nice," he says. "Chuck claimed our room to do some homework and the adults are in the living room."

"So you figured you're gonna freeze."

"To call you? Yes." His eyes squint even more. "Anyway, what'd you get for Christmas?"

"An album of Tchaikovsky, a beanie, and new shoes." My face lights up. "And you?"

"New skates, some clothes, and a video game." Thomas pulls his jacket further up so it's covering his nose too, which was getting red. "Had nice days? Feelin' alright?"

I nod. It's turning into a habit to do that after every question I get asked. "Yeah. My low iron's been kicking in a few times, but everything is great."

"Minho said that, yeah."

My eyebrows fly up. I prop my palms under my chin, stretching my legs over my bed. "He told you?"

Either he's getting colder or it's just a blush on his cheeks. "Well, yes. We were calling and he told me."

"Alright." I nod. It's strange Minho would tell Thomas that while he doesn't know about our relationship, but whatever. "What'd you do today?"

"We went on a walk in the snow and Chuck and I attempted to bake," he explains. "I would've brought you some of those cookies if we hadn't already eaten them all."

I laugh out loud. "Well, there's always time to bake more."

"True." He pulls the beanie further onto his head. "Hey, it's getting like really cold here."

"Then we'll call again another time," I promise. "Bye, Thomas. I'll continue missing you."

"See ya, Blondie."

I hang up with a sigh. At least I've got work tonight. It's not as fun without Thomas, but the guests are kind and Luca is awesome. Besides, it's Wednesday. Thomas will be back Sunday, so I'll survive.

Luca hands me a plate full of spaghetti straight after I arrive. He's been doing it since Thomas left, and I keep telling him I eat at home, but he said he promised Thomas he would always keep offering the food.

"Just a few bites so I didn't make it for nothing." He cracks a smile.

"You can have it," I say softly. "Really, I'm not hungry."

I'm starving. Quite literally. But just until Sunday. Then I'll go back to eating more.

"Rosetta, my stomach doesn't have to be even fatter." He chuckles. Runs a hand through his curly hair. "Here. For Thomas's sake, then?"

I take it at those words. A few quick bites. I smile while my cheeks are still filled, and Luca nods approvingly.

After my 'quick bathroom break', I start working. I'm polite and bright to the guests, but I'll never shine the way Thomas does with this job. He's amazing at it.