𝟢𝟥𝟢,𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

THIRTY

"Thomas!" I yelp when he drops the flour into the bowl so aggressively it sends white powder everywhere.

"Don't blame me!" He coughs. "The bowl fell out of my hands!"

"Oh, so it's the bowl's fault?" I blow in an attempt to get the powder away.

"Yes! Exactly! Besides, you dropped the pan before!"

"Well, that one also jumped out of my hands!"

"My pans and bowls are weird," he says, and looks at the mess we made. "Well, I'm sure the pancakes will taste fine."

I smile through it all. Thomas is clearly not made for the 'harder' recipes. Mac and Cheese? Yep. Warming up lasagna? Alright. Baking pancakes? ...sort of.

I pull my pants back up again. I'm wearing his, since all I wore yesterday were my ballet clothes and those don't smell at their finest after two hours of dancing, but since my own pants don't even fit me, these are like I'm a rapper with oversized pants that keep slipping off.

I elbow him in the side: every time the material slips off and I'm basically standing in my underwear, Thomas takes his chance. "Don't you do that."

"Give me a good reason why I can't touch the bella butt."

"Tho-mas," I groan out, but not many reasons follow. "Just don't ever say 'bella butt' again. That's weird. And cringe."

He scoffs. "I'll say whatever I want. Unless it makes you uncomfortable. Does it make you uncomfortable?"

"No, but it makes me cri—"

"Perfect!" He kisses my cheek, and then we're back at attempting to bake the pancakes. "Wait, lemme just put a Luca skill here..."

With his tongue between his teeth, Thomas pours the mixture into the pan in an... interesting way.

I lie my chin on his shoulder, taking a look at the creation. "What's that supposed to represent?"

"You can't see what it is?" Offended, he points at the pan. "Wait, look this way." And he turns it a bit. "See?"

I frown. "It's a heart?"

"Yes!" Thomas nods heavily. "But I messed it up."

"Better you mess this heart up than mine," I decide, smiling before I kiss his cheek. "Thank you."

I think that I, especially after last night, fall in love with him more by the second. It's the first time in years that I'm not motivated to go to ballet. Kind of wish we could stay here the whole day, cuddling and watching movies and maybe some kissing before all the privacy is gone.

Ballet only starts at thirty past three, though. We have basically half of the day.

Once we're sitting to eat the few pancakes we've managed to make decent, I realize that not one second I have thought of gaining weight or breaking my diet. Guess Thomas distracts me that much.

Fine. Another cheat day can't hurt. But I'll have to be extra stern after this.

"Was everything in the basket alright?" He wonders.

I nod. "Perfect. Well, I haven't tried the period products out yet, but the rest was perfect."

I'm mostly just happy Thomas can talk about those things without finding it weird. And he nods, too. "Alright. Great."

We finish eating, clean up together, and then I'm petting Glitter for the third time this morning. "I think we should go tell Newt and basically everyone about our relationship soon," I say. "It doesn't sit right to keep lying or not mentioning I was with you."