𝟢𝟥𝟥,𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲 𝐜𝐮𝐩

THIRTY - THREE 

"Shut the hell up, Newt!" Sonya throws a pillow at our brother, her face bright red.

He attempts to save himself by holding his arms above his head, but it only results in Sonya hitting him even harder with the material. "I didn't even- ow!"

"You snuck into my room with Minho?" She's almost yelling by now, her cheeks even redder.

"What, you're telling me you've got something to hide?" He finally manages to take the pillow out of her hand.

"No!" She peeps. "But Minho doesn't have to see all the mess in my room!"

A-ha. Sonya has never, not once in her life, given a single shit about how messy her room is. "So Minho's the problem?" A grin forms on my face.

She might overheat from either embarrassment or anger soon. "It has nothing to do with Minho! I hate you both. Good night!"

I chuckle at her behavior, and Newt sighs.

"She likes Minho," I say. "She must!"

"The bloody trouble it would cause if she and Minho ever get together. You know how often I'd have to see his ugly face then? And the idea my sister and best friend would be- ew, I don't even want to think about it!"

Well.

Look..

I- well.

My whole face gets red.

"Would be what?" I manage. Of course I know what, but maybe if he means something else, it would be more reassuring since I did—

"What do you think?" He grabs his book off the table. "The nasty crap."

I kind of wonder what will happen if I just tell him I never stayed at Teresa's right now. Oh my god, if he ever finds out about the shower

"But if they like, or love, each other...?" I pull a face. This is my chance to investigate some more! See how he'd react to Thomas and I.

"As long as they ain't clingy 'round me."

Does making out when he doesn't look but is just a feet away count? In the kitchen?

"So you'd be okay with that," I say.

"I don't know. I guess! Would you be?"

"Minho's not my best friend."

"Alright, then imagine me dating your best friend."

"But you're—"

"A male best friend, then." He runs a hand through his hair. "Well?"

"Eh, I'm not sure if I really have male best friends."

"You and Tommy are close."

My eyebrows raise up. "And?"

"What would you think if I start dating Thomas?"

Boyfriend stealer and bloody cheater...?

"Newt, that's really weird to ask, because Thomas is your friend."

"Yes, I am aware." He palms his face. "I mean like, if he weren't my best friend. If he was only yours."

I shake my head, heavily. "Alright, enough. It's making me uncomfortable."

"Sorry." Newt stretches his legs along the couch. "I had this drink with alcohol before. Minho and I tried to create something, but eventually it was almost pure alchohol and now I'm a bit tipsy."