𝟢𝟦𝟤,𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭

FORTY - TWO

"So you were just messing with my sister at that sleepover?"

"Yes."
"No."

I groan at Thomas. Bury my head in my hands. "We weren't messing."

"Not that day, at least."

"Thomas." I elbow him in the side.

"What? He asked and I answered!"

Newt puts the tip of finger on the table and stares, only at Thomas because he hasn't looked at me for a second. "Why the actual shit didn't you tell me? Six months?"

"We were afraid you'd get angry," I say, looking down.

"Well, I am now I find out you've been hiding this from me for six months." He pulls a face, probably in disgust. "I could've known, though."

"But you're not angry about the actual thing? You're okay with us?" I straighten my back. A frown of concern is on my face. "I hope, at least."

"You remember our conversation and know I don't really mind as long as you don't get clingy around me, because I still don't want to imagine anything. I never want to see y'all kiss again, I know that. And especially not like three minutes ago!"

I exhale. "Alright. We'll try to do that. Right, Thomas?"

"Right," he says, but it's not convincing at all.

"Okay." Newt rubs his eyelids. "I'm gonna bleach those tonight. And try not to imagine all the things you guys have been doing. Although first, I'd like to have a word with Tommy."

Is that an oh? Or an... OH?!

I'm not sure, but I don't have much time to think about it because three seconds later, they've disappeared in the hallway.

Ha, now Newt knows, Thomas and I are basically free to spend the night wherever we want, and it was quite funny watching Newt's face when I mentioned Thomas was staying with me for the night.

"What'd he tell you?" I whisper once we're settled in bed, in the dark.

"Eh. That if I dare to hurt you or ever make you cry in a bad way, he'd kill me...?"

I scoff. "Newt won't kill anyone, trust me."

"No? 'Cause he seemed pretty serious about it."

"Well, alright. He'd likely throw a few punches." I pause. Frown. "You and Minho can't go through one day without telling me 'Newt is going to kill me', man. I can't even take it seriously at this point."

"He meant it," Thomas says again. "So I guess I'll never hurt you then, huh? Or make you cry."

I raise an eyebrow. "Were you planning on doing that before?"

"No, of course not." He laughs. "I'd never hurt you, Blondie. Physically or mentally doesn't matter. I won't."

I move closer to his side. "Good. I'd hope that. And I won't hurt you, either."