𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

MIRRORBALL

I know Mom is somewhere in the crowd. With Dad. Newt and Sonya are there. Vince, Mary, Chuck, Minho (who almost got sent away because he kept whistling), Teresa, and mostly importantly... Thomas.

They're all watching Aris and I dance before I, as Clara, am supposed to wake up and realize it was all a dream, but then Aris appears as the prince, and that'll be the last thing before the curtains close.

I've trained hard the past months. I've eaten as much as my mind allowed me to. Vince told me not to force it too much, or I might fall back into old habits later. So I took it easy. I don't think I've recovered yet. I can't just do that in two months. But at least my body is in a better state. I can dance.

Because yup, I eventually took the NG tube.

And it was awful, but I did it just to do this tonight. I can say it was worth it.

Janson's gone. My old ballet teacher, Ava, was included too and is also gone now. Henry is gone. Whole Sports is gone. But they made enough money out of past stars to create a new building with a new owner, who will be Jorge. The hockey team's coach.

Gally is struggling with the aftermath of it all, but they told me he will be alright, eventually.

But I have to stop thinking about it now, before I make a mistake. Lights are blinding my eyes. Reminds me of the mirrorball. But it's full on shining now. Not broken, not red, just glinstering and being beautiful.

I can no longer see it. I guess it just made some kind of imprint in my mind, and I'm stuck with it now. A nice... symbol?

Before I know it, it's over. The curtain close to Aris and I holding each other's hands, our faces inches away from each other. Once we're completely apart from the crowd, somewhat everyone just drops to the ground from exhaustion.

But I've got to see Thomas. The applause lasts super long, yet I just know he's making his way to me, no matter how many people try to stop him.

"Teresa!" Aris jumps up so fast that I wouldn't have noticed if it weren't for the name he just called, and I watch him run over to the girl.

I only watch a second of their kiss, not wanting to disturb. Besides, someone forces me to look at him by pulling me up by the waist, and I'm kissing Thomas before I know it.

"You did it!" He makes a little jump after the kiss. "Oh, it was amazing, Blondie. I almost got tears in my eyes! You were beautiful," and the compliments continue until Newt pulls me away with a glare at Thomas.

He's no longer angry at him after the explanations, but I think he's holding a bit of a grudge until he knows for sure Thomas won't do anything again.

"Now that's my sister." He grins, pulling me into a hug before he hands me a bouquet. "From Sonya, Mom, Dad, and I."

"Thank you." I smile at him. Then I hug my family, followed by Teresa.

"Mistake," Minho calls out. "You always got to keep an eye on Thomas before he— yup."

I turn around. Groan when I see him sticking his head through the curtain so he can speak to the crowd.