Jab Mila Tu (7.1)

It was 9.00 pm at night. In a restaurant, a guy was sitting at the table. He was seeing his watch again and again.

"Meri ghadi kuch zyada hi fast chal rahi hai kya? Ek ghanta ho gaya mujhe yaaha baithe baithe?" He asked himself and opened his phone to confirm.

"Sach mein 9 hi baj rahe hai. Par Natasha aayi kyu nahi abhi tak? Phone bhi nahi lag raha uska? Woh thik toh hai na?" He thought and started worrying.

"Sir do you want anything?" Asked the waiter coming to him. It was the fourth time, the waiter had come to ask the same question.

"Umm.... Meri girlfriend bas aane hi wali hai. Ek baar woh aa jaaye, uske baad hum dono mil ke order dete hai." He said.

"Sir 1 ghante se aap yaaha baithe hai. At least kuch toh order kar di jiye."

The guy adjusted his glasses and then said after thinking for a while, "One crispy chilli baby corn."

"Sure. Anything else?"

"No thanks."

The waiter nodded and left from there. Suddenly the guy's phone started ringing.

Seeing the caller's name, he immediately picked up and asked, "Hello Natasha! Where are you?"

"Sid.... Hello! Mujhe kuch sunai nahi de raha. Wait a second!"

Saying that Natasha came out of the club.

When she was inside, Sid could hear loud music. He became confused.

"Baatao kyu call kiya." Said Natasha after sometime.

"Tum kaha ho? I'm waiting for you at the restaurant." Said Sid.

Natasha bit her tongue and said, "Oh Shit! Baby I'm so sorry. Actually mere kuch friends ne all of a sudden night out ka plan bana liya. Hum ek club pe aaye hai. I forgot to tell you about this. Aaj ka date cancel karna hoga."

Sid frowned and said, "But Baby humne ek hafte pehle se iss date ka plan kiya tha. You could have say no to them."

"Do you really think main tumhare boring se date ke liye yeh night out miss karungi?"

"Boring date?" Asked Sid sadly.

"Aur nahi toh kya? Aaj yeh night out ka plan nahi hota toh abhi main tumhare saath kisi stupid se restaurant mein baithi hoti aur tum mujhe apne naye app ke features ke baare mein bol bol ke paka rahe hote."

"Natasha I understand but humne yeh date isliye plan kiya tha kyu ki aaj kaal hum dono saath mein zyada time spend nahi kar paate."

"Woh toh hum abhi bhi kar sakte hai. Why don't you join me and my friends? We will have a lot of fun....."

"Natasha you know that I don't like going to clubs." Said Sid interrupting her.

Natasha sighed and said, "Then go home and sleep. It suits you. Bye!"

Saying that she was going to hang up but suddenly said, "Aur suno. Insta pe maine recently ek post kiya hai, zara like kar dena."

Saying that Natasha hanged up. Sid then opened the Instagram and saw Natasha's post. She was chilling with her friends. And there were male friends too who were standing close to her, keeping their hands on her shoulder and waist. Being a boyfriend, Sid felt bad seeing it but if he said this to his girlfriend, she would start calling over-possessive and toxic. So the best option was to keep quiet and just give a like to the post. After all he was not 'cool' like Natasha's male friends. He was a boring guy.

By then the waiter served his order. But Sid didn't feel like eating anything. He paid the bill and left from the restaurant.

He was walking alone in the road while thinking about his love life. No matter how much efforts he put, it could never make Natasha happy. Was there any lack in him?