Sweet Tooth

(Third Person POV)

In another part of town, the Chief of Police approaches the cathedral. He knocks a coded rhythm on the great doors, and two monks open them as he takes off his hat.

     "I've come to make a confession," he tells them.

He walks down the aisle. Monks are on each side of the aisle, chanting in Latin.

"You sound great, fellas, keep it up," he says.

The Chief slips into the confessional.

"Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned," he says, and a small hatch opens in the wall between him and the priest. "I have had a hundred and fifty of these since my last confession."

He slides a small chocolate through the hatch, and the priest, Father Julius, takes it.

"Temptation is very hard to resist," Julius says, and he eats the chocolate, moaning at the taste.

"Send me down," the Chief says.

Julius pulls a lever designed to look like a cross, and the Chief's half of the confessional starts to descend.

"See you later," the Chief tells him.

It turns out it's not a confessional, but a secret elevator! The elevator drops down into a crypt, and the doors open. A female guard is standing by the door to a vault.

"Good evening, Chief," she greets the Chief of Police, and opens the door. "They're all waiting."

"Thank you very much," he tells her as he steps through into the vault.

Inside is a secret room that Slugworth, Fickelgruber, and Prodnose are in. There is even a bar along a wall, with a butler behind it.

"Good evening, gentlemen!" he greets them. "I brought my invoice. One chocolatier moved on for the usual fee."

He takes out his invoice as he talks, and Miss Bon-bon comes up behind him and takes it. He chuckles when he sees the butler come up to him with a small box of chocolate, and he takes it, giving his hat to the butler.

"Here we go, baby. Here's the good stuff," he says.

"Tell me, Chief, how would you like to earn a few more of those?" Slugworth asks.

"Oh, I am listening," the Chief responds.

"We think that Mr. Wonka might require a little more than simply 'moving on.' He's good," Slugworth explains.

"Too good," Prodnose adds.

"And what's more, he only charges a sovereign a chocolate. So anyone can afford them. Even the. . . you know, the. . ." Fickelgruber stops, unable to say the word.

"The poor?" the Chief asks, and Fickelgruber retches at the word.

"Oh, dear. I've just been a little bit sick in my mouth. Could you please refrain from using that demographic in my presence?" Fickelgruber asks.

"He doesn't like it when people say 'poor,'" Prodnose explains to the Chief, causing Fickelgruber to retch again. "Sorry, Felix."

"We want you to send Wonka a message," Slugworth says, getting to the point.

"Backed up by physical force," Prodnose adds.

"That if he attempts to sell chocolate in this town again, he is liable to meet with a little 'accident,'" Slugworth explains.