The Shop

(Willy's POV)

     "He came back?" (Y/n) asks me as she and Noodle pull the laundry cart I'm hiding in.

"Yes, (Y/n)! This time I set a trap, and he walked right into it!" I reply.

     "So where is he?" Noodle asks.

     "Well, we had a fight, you see. He won. Hit me on the head with a frying pan and jumped out of the window," I explain.

     "Of course he did," she responds sarcastically, stopping the cart.

     I emerge from my laundry bag to look at her.

     "You don't believe me, do you?" I ask.

     "Honestly? No," she replies.

     (Y/n) sighs and looks at the other laundry bags.

     "Do any of you believe him?" she asks.

     Abacus, Piper, Larry, and Lottie emerge from their bags.

     "No," Piper replies.

     "No," Abacus replies.

     "No," Larry replies.

     "Definitely not," Lottie replies.

     "What about you, (Y/n)? Do you believe him?" Abacus asks (Y/n).

     "As a matter of fact, I do. Call me crazy if you want, but I believe he's telling the truth. Willy doesn't seem like the lying type. Frankly, I'm surprised the rest of you don't see that," (Y/n) defends me.

     Every time I start to think I couldn't possibly fall more in love with her. . .

     "But, as it so happens, we won't need to sell chocolate today," Noodle tells me with a smile.

     "And why is that?" I ask.

     She shares an excited smile with (Y/n).

     "You know that shop? The one you've been dreaming of?" (Y/n) asks me, and she holds up a golden key.

(Y/n's POV)

     We all sneak into the Galeries Gourmet through the storm drains, and Willy unlocks the doors to the shop we managed to get for him. He opens the doors, and we all go inside. The place looks like it has seen better days. Paint is peeling off and the ceiling has practically fallen in, sending an old chandelier crashing to the floor. I watch Willy nervously as he looks around.

     "Now I know what you're thinking. It may need a little work. . ." Abacus says.

     Piper fits two ends of a cable together, turning the lights on.

     "Looks like someone left the water running twenty years ago and the ceiling fell through. And the ceiling above that. And the ceiling above that!" Piper says.

     "But that means we can afford it—for a week, anyway," Abacus says.

     "And we'd finally be legitimate. The police wouldn't have any excuse to keep bothering us," Lottie adds.

     Willy remains speechless as he continues looking around.

     "So what do you think, Willy? Do you like it?" I ask a little nervously.

     "Do I like it? (Y/n), it's just as I always imagined. No. Scratch that. It's better than I imagined," he replies, the excitement clear in his voice.

     Noodle and I share a smile, glad that he loves it.

     "I mean, look at this place! I mean, sure, it's a wreck, but look at the potential, the bones! You mark my words, this is gonna be the best chocolate shop the world has ever seen!" Willy announces.

     Piper cheers at that.

     "You won't be scrub scrubbing much longer, girls. We'll all be free! As free as flamingoes!" he says to me and Noodle.

     I become so overwhelmed with emotion that I run up to Willy and throw my arms around his neck to hug him. His arms wrap around my waist as he hugs me back, picking me up and spinning me around. All of this feels too good to be true!

(Noodle's POV)

     I smile happily as (Y/n) and Willy embrace. I would be lying if I said they don't make a cute couple. I just wish they would confess their feelings for each other soon. Soon, we'll all be free from working in that nightmare of a laundry house. Willy looks at me, and gestures for me to join the hug. I gladly run up and hug them. Things are finally taking a turn for the better!