Death By Chocolate

(Noodle's POV)

     (Y/n), Willy, and I are marched through a watertight door into a tank, and the lights are turned on. Giant mixer blades are mixing a lake of chocolate! There is a hub at the center, standing like a tiny metal island. Fickelgruber pulls a lever and the mixer blades stop, one of them stopping in front of us, and we look back at my uncle, who's still pointing the gun at us.

"On you go," he says.

We reluctantly do as he says and walk across the mixer blade to the hub. The villainous chocolatiers are just about to leave when Willy speaks up.

"Gentlemen, considering the situation, I wondered if you would do a good deed on my behalf," he says.

"A what?" Fickelgruber asks.

"A good deed? It's sort of a pointless act of selflessness—" Prodnose starts to explain before getting interrupted by my uncle.

     "Yes, of course, Mr. Wonka. What is it you want us to do?" he asks.

     Willy reaches into his sleeve and pulls out some cloth.

     "I was wondering if you could give these to someone—only if you happen to see him," he replies.

(Y/n) and I share a look, wondering what he's talking about.

"Who is it?" my uncle asks.

"The little orange man," Willy replies.

"Eh?" my uncle questions, looking very confused at that reply.

"The little orange man. About eight inches high, with orange skin and bright green hair. I owe him a jar of chocolates, you see, and, well. . ." Willy uses the cloth to magic a jar of chocolates. ". . . I think these might be the best I ever made."

"In that case, I'll see he gets them personally," my uncle responds, though he doesn't look like he believes Willy.

Willy tosses the jar to my uncle, who catches it with his free hand, his other hand still pointing the gun at us.

"Farewell, Mr. Wonka. Urchins," he says.

     Fickelgruber pulls a lever, starting the mixing blades again. The evil trio leaves us in the tank, sealing the door shut. We all jump a bit when we hear a loud noise coming from within the walls.

     "Willy!" (Y/n) whimpers.

     Willy protectively wraps an arm around her waist, and she wraps an arm around my shoulders, holding me close to her.

(Third Person POV)

     Slugworth, Fickelgruber, and Prodnose each turn a valve. Chocolate starts to cascade into the tank through three outlets, flooding the tank.

     "What are we gonna do, Willy?" Noodle asks.

     "I don't know, Noodle. I'll think of something," Willy replies.

     Fickelgruber puts the ledger back in the secret panel, and he joins his friends in the elevator. Slugworth looks down at Willy's jar of chocolates.

"Best chocolate he ever made, eh?" he says, and the wicked chocolatiers eagerly start stuffing their faces with chocolate.

(Y/n's POV)

I feel my terror rise as quickly as the chocolate pouring into the tank. Is this really it for me? For all of us? My mind floods with memories of my dad. The thought of him trying to find me all these years is enough to have tears sting my eyes. He never gave up on me.

     "I've got it!" Willy suddenly speaks up, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"What is it? Did you think of something?" I ask.

"Yes, I did!" he replies, and he starts pulling ingredients from his various pockets and throws them into the chocolate. "If we're going to drown in chocolate, girls—and let's face it, we're going to drown in chocolate—then it's gonna be Wonka chocolate!"

     "We're not gonna drown, Willy," Noodle says. "Look. There's a light."

     Willy and I look up to see a skylight in the middle of the ceiling.

     "We'll let the chocolate lift us up, we'll bang on the glass and pray somebody hears us," Noodle continues.

     "She's right," I say.

     "That's a much better idea," Willy agrees.

(Slugworth's POV)

     The elevator arrives back up at the confessional, where Father Julius is waiting for us.

     "Ah, gentlemen, it was a bit of a close shave this morning and I was wondering if perhaps we could rethink our arrangement or—" he starts to say.

     I give him the last of Wonka's chocolates, and his eyes light up.

     "Or just leave things as they are," he finishes.

     "Father," I simply say.

     Fickelgruber, Prodnose, and I step out of the elevator.

     "That Wonka might be as nutty as a fruitcake, but he sure knew how to make chocolate," I comment.

     "But do you think we should have saved some for the little orange man?" Prodnose asks.

     "Tell me you're joking," Fickelgruber says.

     "Yes, yes, I am. Sorry, why am I?" Prodnose responds.

     "Because there's no such thing as a little orange man, you nincompoop," I insult him, and I toss the empty jar into a trash can.

     "Oh, I see! Well, then I'm glad we are his chocolates," Prodnose states.

(Willy's POV)

(Y/n), Noodle, and I are trying to keep our heads above the chocolate as we get closer to the skylight. As soon as we are able to reach it, we start banging on the glass, yelling for someone to help us. Shadows start to appear over the glass. Someone has heard us!

"Look, Willy, someone's coming! We're saved!" Noodle cries joyfully.

But then three familiar faces appear at the glass, dashing our hopes: Slugworth, Fickelgruber, and Prodnose. With evil grins they leave us.

"I'm sorry, girls," I say.

""Don't be. You found my family. A mom who loved me. That's all I ever wanted," Noodle gently explains.

"And my dad has never stopped loving me. He's been trying to find me all these years," (Y/n) adds, a small, sad smile appearing on her face.

"(Y/n), if we're really going to drown, there's something I have to do," I say.

"What's that?" she asks.

I try to work up the courage to do what I'm about to do.

"This," I reply.

I take her hand and pull her close. Knowing that I may never get another chance to do this, I gently cup her cheek and lean forward, gently planting my lips against hers. She stiffens for a second, but then she kisses me back.

(Y/n's POV)

I feel my heart pound to the point where I could just die right then and there. Willy Wonka is kissing me!! The kiss is so sweet and passionate. I don't want it to end. Unfortunately, it does, as Willy slowly pulls away. We stare at each other for a moment. I can see nothing but love in his eyes.

"Finally!" Noodle speaks up, making us chuckle weakly.

"Deep breath now," he says.

We all take a deep breath as the chocolate rises the last few inches, completely covering us. Willy does not release my hand. At least I'll die happy, especially after being kissed by the man I love.