Heartbreak

(Third Person POV)

     Willy makes his way back to the laundry house.

"Sorry, Noodle.
I guess I got carried away.
Sorry, Noodle.
I hope you'll forgive me one day," he sings.

     Mrs. Scrubitt is waiting for him at the door.

     "Checking out, are we?" she asks with a cruel smirk.

"Yes," he mutters as he walks by her and heads inside.

He heads up to his room and starts packing his things.

"I just wanted it
To feel the way that it did
When I was a kid," he sings.

He looks sadly at the picture of his mother in his sample case, then closes the case.

"Sorry, Noodle," he sings.

(Willy's POV)

Once I have everything packed, I leave the room and make my way toward the stairs, where Bleacher is waiting. I stop by the door to (Y/n) and Noodle's room. I desperately want to knock, to talk to them, to explain, to tell (Y/n) how I feel about her, but Bleacher shakes his head. I look at the door one last time, and then head down the stairs, my heart shattering as I leave.

(Noodle's POV)

     I sit on the bed as (Y/n) stands by the window, staring at the view outside. She hasn't smiled once since we left the Galeries Gourmet, but I don't think it's because of the fire. I think it's because of how Willy was when his shop was destroyed. It was like that funny, optimistic man had suddenly vanished. She barely even smiled when we learned he came back to the laundry house. But I can tell she still loves him.

     "You should tell him, (Y/n)," I speak up.

     "Tell who what?" she asks, not tearing her eyes away from the view outside.

     "You should tell Willy how you feel about him," I reply.

     She quickly looks at me.

     "What do you mean?" she asks.

     "Don't play dumb. I can read you like a book, and I know you love Willy. You should tell him how you feel," I encourage her.

     She looks at the door, then back at me.

     "But what if he doesn't love me back? I don't think I can live with that rejection," she says, starting to freak out a little bit.

     "Hey," I say, standing up and walking up to her to place my hands on her shoulders. "My instincts say he does love you. But even if he doesn't, he'd have to be insane. You're a lovable person. I should know. You practically raised me, after all."

     She chuckles a bit at that.

     "Okay. I'll do it," she says.

     "You got this," I cheer for her as she leaves the room, making sure to do it quietly so I don't disturb anyone.

(Y/n's POV)

     I feel my nerves growing with each step I take toward Willy's room. I'm finally going to tell him how I feel. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, just in case he doesn't reciprocate my feelings and the rejection won't be as painful. I stop in front of his door, and I take a deep breath.

     "Okay, you can do this. 'Willy, the minute I saw you, I knew there was something special about you. With every moment we spent together, I began to catch these feelings for you. You're a kind, caring, and funny man, and you have the greatest imagination one could ever have. You brought happiness back into my life when I forgot what it felt like. What I'm trying to say is. . . I love you, Willy,'" I say to myself, keeping my voice quiet so Willy won't hear me.

Nervously, I knock on his door, but he doesn't reply.

"Um, listen, Willy. I'm sure you might not be in the mood to talk to anyone still, but I really need to talk to you about something. It's very important," I tell him.

No reply.

"I need to tell it to you face-to-face, so can you please let me in?" I ask.

Still no reply. Is he so upset that he won't even talk to me? I sigh sadly, trying not to get upset with him for giving me the silent treatment. The guy's been through a lot, after all.

"Okay, Willy, I'm coming in. We really have to talk," I say, before opening the door.

But instead of Willy, I'm met with an empty room. Willy and his things are gone.

"Willy? Where are you?" I call out.

My sixth sense tells me to look out the window, and I slowly walk toward the window, afraid of what I might see. My fears are confirmed when I see Willy outside, leaving the laundry house with his sample case and everything.

"Willy!" I call out to him.

Willy stops and looks up at me for a moment before turning away and leaving. He looked heartbroken when he saw me, but I don't understand. Why is he leaving? He promised he'd help me and Noodle get away from this living nightmare! I feel my heart break as he leaves.

"For a moment
Life didn't seem quite so bad.
For a moment
I almost forgot to be sad.
He turned night to day,
But I got carried away.
Why'd I let down my guard,
Let him into my heart
For a moment?
Why for a moment?" I sing, my voice breaking.

He disappears around the corner and out of my sight. I walk to what was once Willy's bed, and sit down, my vision getting blurry with tears.

"For a moment
My life was turned upside down.
For a moment
I couldn't keep my feet on the ground.
He was the best thing
That ever happened to me!
When will I ever learn
That I'll always get burned
If I drop my defense,
If I stop making sense,
If I let down my guard,
Let them into my heart
For a moment?
For a moment," I sing.

I'm unable to hold in my tears any longer, and I hide my face in my hands as I cry my eyes out. I still can't believe he's gone. He helped me feel happy for the first time in many years. He was the only man I ever loved. But now he's gone, and I may never see him again. Now I'll only have to live with this pain for the rest of my life.

(Noodle's POV)

I wait for (Y/n) to come back, but it's been some time since she went to Willy's room. I decide to go check if she's told him yet. She's probably too scared to tell him or something. I stop when I see the door wide open, but I can hear what sounds like muffled sobbing coming from inside. I peek inside to see (Y/n) sitting on the bed, her face hidden in her hands, sobbing uncontrollably.

     "(Y/n)?" I mutter.

     She looks at me when she hears me. Her face is red and stained with tears, and her eyes are red and puffy from crying.

     "(Y/n), what's wrong?" I ask as I enter the room.

     "He's gone, Noodle. Willy left us," she replies.

     Hearing herself say that must've caused her more pain, because she continues crying. I'm not far behind. Willy left us? But why? He promised he'd help us! I sit next to my best friend and wrap my arms around her, pulling her into a hug. I softly shush her as I rub her back, trying to comfort her. But I can't help letting tears fall down my cheeks. Willy was the truest friend we ever had, and now he's gone. All I can do for (Y/n) now is be there for her.
————————————————————————

Oh, my God, I'm crying just from writing this chapter! It really made me emotional!😭😭