Pure Imagination

(Willy's POV)

     After (Y/n), Noodle, and I clean ourselves up, I sit on the cathedral steps, watching the crowd enjoying the rich chocolate flowing from the fountain. (Y/n), Noodle, Abacus, Piper, Lottie, and Larry are pouring chocolate milk into cups for people. I reach into my pocket and take out the chocolate bar Mamma made for me, somewhat the worse for wear. Perhaps, finally, it's time. I slowly open the wrapper, and I see, slipped in alongside the chocolate, a piece of golden paper. On it is a message from Mamma:

"The secret is it's not the chocolate that matters. . . It's the people you share it with!
-Mamma xxx"

     I stare at it, completely still, my eyes full of tears. Then I look up and spot a familiar figure in the crowd. It's Mamma, looking just like she did all those years ago! She promised she would be with me when I shared my chocolate with the world. And she kept her promise. She blows me a kiss, and I laugh silently, overjoyed to see her one last time—and finally ready to let her go. I blow a kiss back to her, and she pretends to catch it and hold it close to her heart. Someone in the crowd passes by in front of her, and she disappears forever. I look to see (Y/n) and Noodle walking up to me, and I stand up. I break off a couple pieces of chocolate and hand them to (Y/n) and Noodle. They eats them, and a look of pure joy spreads across their faces. Abacus, Piper, Lottie, and Larry join us, and I break off pieces of chocolate for them. They enjoy their pieces while I eat mine. A moment of pure happiness.

(Noodle's POV)

"So, how does it feel, Willy? Is it as good as you remember?" I ask.

"Every little bit. I wish it could last forever," Willy replies.

     He looks up at the cathedral clock.

     "But I guess it's time," he says.

     I notice that Abacus, Piper, Lottie, and Larry are looking at me with excitement. (Y/n) is looking at me with a happy smile, but I can see sadness in her eyes.

     "Time for what?" I ask.

     "Do you know how many people in the city are named D. Smith?" Willy asks.

     "One hundred and six," Abacus says.

     "And luckily, you have a friend who works in the telephone exchange. . ." Willy explains, and I look at Lottie, who waves at me. ". . . and she spent the entire afternoon ringing around, and guess what?"

     "We found her," Lottie says.

     I feel stunned hearing that.

     "You found my mom?" I ask, hoping they're not joking.

     "She works in the library," (Y/n) says.

     "That's where she lives," Abacus adds.

     "Come on, Noodle," Willy says.

     I don't believe it. I'm actually about to meet my mom.

(Third Person POV)

     The clock strikes five as Willy and (Y/n) lead Noodle through an academic quadrangle. Noodle stops, too nervous to go on. Willy and (Y/n) turn to look at her. (Y/n) walks up to her and holds a hand out to her, looking at her with a sad smile.