A World Of Your Own

(Warning: Chapter may cause the mouth to water like crazy!)

(Third Person POV)

It is the day. The day Willy opens his shop in the Galeries Gourmet. Willy takes a deep breath, preparing for the moment he has dreamed of his whole life.

     "Here we go, Momma," he whispers.

     He opens the doors and steps outside. In the light, his clothes look clean and repaired.

     "Ladies and gentlemen, greetings to you all and welcome to Wonka's!" he addresses the passersby. "Tremendous things are in store, both literally and metaphorically."

     "What? In there?" an old man asks, pointing his cane at the darkness in the shop.

     "Humor me," Willy tells him.

     The old man merely nods.

"Close your eyes and count to ten," Willy sings.

     The old man does as he's told and closes his eyes, counting to ten in his head.

"Make a wish. Now open them," Willy sings, snapping his fingers.

     The old man opens his eyes, and he is surprised at what he sees. The store transforms before his very eyes! The newspaper curtains rise to reveal jars and jars of chocolate. A sign made of multiple bars of chocolate slides into view and braziers burst into flame. Willy takes the old man's arm and leads him inside.

"Here's a store that's like no other.
If it were I wouldn't bother.
Chocolate bushes, chocolate trees,
Chocolate flowers and chocolate bees," Willy sings.

     As Willy mentions each of these delicious marvels, one of the Wash House workers produces an example. Willy takes the chocolate flower and gives it to the old man, who tastes it. Willy heads into the darkened shop and lights a match.

"Chocolate memories that a boy once
Saved
Before they melted away," he sings.

     Abacus signals Piper and Larry to lift the chandelier, and they hoist it upwards, revealing an enchanted land of chocolate and candy. A lush green meadow of chocolate grass is studded with chocolate flowers and toadstools made of icing. In the center of the meadow is an enormous tree, its trunk carved from solid dark chocolate, its branches dipping into a solid chocolate river below. Willy leads the old man up a pink brick road that appears to be made of sugary bricks, both of them dancing their way up.

"A world of your own,
A place to escape to.
A world of your own
Where you can be free.
Wherever you go,
Wherever life takes you,
This is your home,
A world of your own," Willy sings.

He tips his hat to the crowd, and customers flood the store. (Y/n), Noodle, and Lottie hand out baskets to them as they rush by while the other workers operate the machines that lend the shop its theatrical magic. Willy leaps onto a chocolate barge in the chocolate river.

"Here is the child that you left behind.
Here is the kid with the curious mind.
Here is the wonder we used to feel
Back when the magic was real," he sings.

He disappears in a puff of smoke when the barge heads under a bridge, then appears climbing the trunk of the chocolate tree.

"A world of your own.
A place to go when you're
Feeling alone,
Feeling unsure.
Embrace the unknown!
Enjoy the adventure!" he sings.

Willy climbs up through the branches to the tree's canopy. Abacus operates a machine producing cotton-candy clouds.

"Let's go strolling in the clouds.
Grab a handful. It's allowed.
Clouds are made of cotton candy.
Just keep your umbrella handy. . ." Willy sings.

He leaps onto one of the sugary clouds, and the customers open their umbrellas—which were passed around by (Y/n), Noodle, and Lottie—just as he throws candy to them.

". . . 'cause there's a hard rain gonna fall!
Humbugs, gumdrops, and aniseed balls!"
he sings.

(Y/n) sets off indoor fireworks, leaving edible string in their wake, which the customers grab eagerly.

"Fireworks bring sugar string to chew!
All the colors of the rainbow—
And some others too!" Willy sings.

Piper operates a machine that lowers a sugar-coated candy rainbow.

"A world of our own.
A place to escape to.
A world of our own,
Where we can be free," Willy sings, tossing a huge candy cherry to a woman and her daughter.

Willy climbs down the tree, enjoying the sight of the customers helping themselves to the candy land.

"Wherever you go,
Wherever life takes you,
This is our home!
A world of our own!" he sings.

He, (Y/n), and Noodle sit on the chocolate barge, and they clink their chocolate teacups together before drinking the chocolate milk in them.
————————————————————————

     I'm not gonna lie, my mouth was watering just typing the description of the candy shop! When I first saw this scene in the movie, I just wanted to jump through the screen and eat all of that up! Surely I'm not the only one. Now, if you'll excuse me, I suddenly made myself hungry for chocolate.