Nothing's Gonna Harm You

(Third Person POV)

     Mrs. Scrubitt kicks the doors to the coop open and throws (Y/n) and Noodle inside, and slams the doors shut. (Y/n) groans as she tries to sit up, but she can't, due to feeling weak from nearly having her arm broken, getting struck hard across the face, and getting dragged away by her hair. Noodle immediately hurries to help her friend sit up.

"Are you okay?" she asks.

(Y/n) cradles her sore arm, and forces herself to smile for Noodle. It's a weak smile, due to the physical and emotional pain she's in, but a smile nonetheless.

"I'm fine, kiddo," she replies.

     Noodle frowns a bit when she sees a bruise forming on (Y/n)'s cheek where Mrs. Scrubitt struck her.

"What you did back there was. . . very surprising. I don't think I've ever heard you scream at anyone before," Noodle says.

"Trust me, I was surprised at myself for doing that. Willy leaving us was hard, and learning that we'd be staying here forever was horrifying. But when I saw Bleacher grab you, it was like something inside of me snapped," (Y/n) responds.

"Well, I thought it was pretty awesome," Noodle compliments while playfully nudging her friend.

(Y/n) smiles at her for a moment, but then her smile fades when she remembers their predicament. Her heart's been broken, and she and her sister-like friend are trapped here forever. What she can't wrap her head around is why Slugworth would want to keep her and Noodle in the Wash House forever. What does he have against them? Well, her pain is not going to stop her from being strong for Noodle.

     "Well, if we're going to be staying here for the rest of our lives, it appears you're stuck with me then," she teases, wrapping her good arm around Noodle's shoulders.

"Oh, how will I ever survive?" Noodle whines jokingly, making (Y/n) chuckle.

"Nothing's gonna harm you,
Not while I'm around.
Nothing's gonna harm you, Noodle,
Not while I'm around," (Y/n) sings to Noodle.

Despite their predicament, Noodle smiles softly as (Y/n) sings that song to her. It was a lullaby (Y/n) would sing to her since she was a baby.

*flashback*

Young (Y/n) is sitting on her bed with the baby Noodle in her arms, gently rocking her and singing her to sleep.

"Demons are prowling everywhere
Nowadays.
I'll send them howling, I don't care,
I've got ways."

*time skip to two years later*

     Two-year-old Noodle is sitting next to (Y/n), crying after Mrs. Scrubitt yelled at her.

"No one's gonna hurt you,
No one's gonna dare.
Others can desert you.
Not to worry, whistle, I'll be there."

Little Noodle sniffles but smiles a bit as (Y/n) sings to her, her heavenly singing comforting her.

*time skip to three years later*

(Y/n) tucks five-year-old Noodle into bed while singing her lullaby.

"Demons'll charm you with a smile,
For a while,
But in time,
Nothing's gonna harm you,
Not while I'm around."

(Y/n) caresses little Noodle's cheek as she closes her eyes to go to sleep, and then turns off the light before lying down on the blankets on the floor, the blankets making a bit of a homemade bed for her.

*flashback ends*

Noodle smiles fondly at the memories of when (Y/n) would sing that song to her every night. Even if they're trapped in this place forever, at least they'll always have each other.
————————————————————————

     I know this wasn't really part of the movie, but I thought I should add a chapter where we comfort Noodle. What do you think?