For A Moment

(Third Person POV)

     (Y/n) smiles as she watches Willy continue to milk Abigail. When he hugged her, she was indeed surprised. It made her wonder how it was possible for a man like him to exist. He's just so sweet and kind and caring, and now he's promising to save her and Noodle from living the rest of their lives in that horrible laundry house. She would be lying if she said the moment she saw him she didn't feel something for him. It was kind of a warm feeling, a feeling she couldn't explain, but as she spent more time with him, that warm feeling only grew.

"For a moment
Life doesn't seem quite so bad.
For a moment
I kind of forgot to be sad," she sings.

"He turns night to day,
But don't get carried away.
Never let down your guard,
Let them into your heart
For a moment.
Not for a moment," Noodle sings.

Willy finishes milking Abigail, and he stands up from the stool.

"I've got it, Noodle! Listen to this!" he speaks up, and walks over to (Y/n) in a silly manner.

"Noodle, Noodle!
Apple strudel!
Some people don't
And some people doodle!" he sings.

He bows to (Y/n), and (Y/n) plays along and curtsies. Willy then pulls her in for a dance, one hand on her waist and his other hand gently gripping her hand. (Y/n) laughs as they dance, and he picks her up, dipping her when he sets her back down on the ground. Noodle smiles as she watches the two goofing off.

"Snakes, flamingoes,
Bears and poodles!
Singing this song
Will help your moodle!" Willy sings.

He puts his coat and hat back on and takes his cane, and spins the ladder around, causing Noodle to yelp.

"Noodle-dee-dee, Noodle-dee-dum!
We're having oodles and oodles of fun!"
he sings.

Noodle grabs onto a lantern, and she is lowered to the ground. Willy holds his cane and the bottle of milk in one hand, and he takes (Y/n)'s hand in his other. (Y/n) uses her free hand to take Noodle's hand, and the three of them race out together.

"Thanks, Abigail!" they call out to Abigail as they leave.

"For a moment
Our lives have turned upside down!"
(Y/n) and Noodle sing.

"Noodle, Noodle!
"Apple strudel!
Some people don't
And some people doodle!"
Willy sings with them.

As they run through the zoo, Willy grabs a large bouquet of balloons, making him and the girls almost weightless.

"For a moment
We can't keep our feet on the ground!"
(Y/n) and Noodle sing.

"Snakes, flamingoes,
Bears and poodles!
Singing this song
Will improve your moodle!"
Willy sings with them.

Willy wraps his arm around (Y/n)'s waist, and (Y/n) wraps her arm around Noodle's waist. The trio runs across the flamingo lake, their feet barely making contact with the water. The flamingoes wake as they pass and watch, astonished, as the trio rises from the water, floating up and over the wall of the zoo.

"He's the one good thing
That's ever happened to us!"
(Y/n) and Noodle sing.

"Noodle-dee-dee, Noodle-dee-dum!
We're having oodles and oodles of fun!"
Willy sings with them.

They land on the glass ceiling of the Galeries Gourmet. Normally, going near that place would bring (Y/n) pain, but for the first time, she doesn't feel that. If anything, all she feels is happiness. . . and love. She finally understands that she has truly fallen in love with Willy. He's the only man who has made has ever made her smile, made her laugh, made her remember what happiness feels like. Noodle watches happily as (Y/n) and Willy dance; seeing (Y/n)—the only girl who has ever showed her love and affection—happy makes her happy. Willy, still holding the balloons, jumps up and twirls around, landing a few feet away from (Y/n), and (Y/n) cartwheels toward him. Willy gives her the ring the balloons are tied to, and (Y/n) starts to rise. Willy grabs her ankles and places her feet on his shoulders. To Noodle, they almost look like acrobats in a circus. Willy spins around, and releases (Y/n). (Y/n) twirls around as she floats toward the dome, and Willy and Noodle run after her. Willy grabs the spire with one hand and grabs Nevaeh's hand with the other. Willy grabs (Y/n)'s hand and spins her around with him, and he rises into the air with her, not letting go of the spire. Some of the balloons blow away, slowly lowering the two. Little do any of them know that the policeman who had Willy's sovereigns taken the other day is watching them—and calling the Chief of Police.

"Chief? You know that fella you wanted a word with?" he says.

(Willy's POV)

I am now holding onto the ring the balloons are tied to with one hand, and my other arm is wrapped around (Y/n)'s waist as we float down to the ground. One of her arms is wrapped around my shoulders while her other arm is wrapped around Noodle's waist. We safely land on the ground, and I give the balloons to Noodle. I keep one hand around (Y/n)'s waist and hold her hand with the other as she puts her free hand on my shoulder, and we slowly dance. I realize now that I have fallen in love with her, and it's the greatest feeling I have ever felt. Heck, I love her more than chocolate! She's so beautiful, inside and out. Despite everything she's been through her whole life, she has remained a kind soul. I can see that the sisterly bond she and Noodle have is completely unshakable. And her dazzling (e/c) eyes. . . I could look into them forever.

"For a moment
Life doesn't seem quite so bad," she sings.

I twirl her around, then pull her back in.

"And for a moment
I kind of forgot to be sad," she sings.

Her singing. . . it's so heavenly. I twirl her around again. We stare at each other for a moment, and I cup one of her cheeks. After a moment of getting lost in her eyes, I slowly start to lean in. To my surprise, she does the same.

(Noodle's POV)

My smile grows when I see (Y/n) and Willy leaning closer, about to kiss! Words can't describe how happy I am for (Y/n). Their eyes close as they lean in closer. Their lips are a few inches from touching when—