The Chocolate Cartel's Defeat

(Third Person POV)

Slugworth, Fickelgruber, and Prodnose emerge from the cathedral. There are many officers outside. A couple seconds later, the Chief arrives in his car. One of the officers opens the door for the Chief, but tons of paper cases fall out the door.

     "Gentlemen. Thank goodness you're okay. I came as fast as I could," he says.

     He tries to get out of the car, but he is now so enormously wide, it takes him a moment to squeeze out of it.

     "Car shrunk," he lies.

     "I'm sure it did. And you've nothing to worry about, Chief. All under control. A few thieves broke in, but I'm afraid they met with a little. . . accident," Slugworth says with a knowing smirk.

     "In which they died," Prodnose adds.

     Instead of getting annoyed with Prodnose's idiocy, Slugworth and Fickelgruber laugh.

     "That's actually rather good, Gerald," Slugworth says.

     "I wouldn't be so sure about that," someone shouts from inside the cathedral.

(Slugworth's POV)

     No! It can't be! I think as we all look to see Wonka and those two urchins coming out of the cathedral, drenched in chocolate, and that (Y/n) girl has the ledger!

     "Officer, would you kindly take a look at this?" Wonka asks Affable, and (Y/n) gives Affable the ledger.

     "Wonka!" I cry out.

     "It details every single illegal payment these men have ever made. Thousands of them," (Y/n) explains to Affable while glaring at us, at me especially.

     Affable starts reading the ledger.

"Affable, don't listen to her. She's lyin'," the Chief says.

     "Well, of course she is," I add with a nervous chuckle.

     "She's not, sir," Affable responds. "She's absolutely right. It's incredible."

     "Oh. Well. Then that sounds like a case for the Chief of Police," the Chief says as he walks up to Affable. "So you give it to me, Affable, I'll, uh. . . I'll take it off your hands. You know, save you the paperwork."

     "I can't do that, I'm afraid, sir," Affable replies.

     "Why's that?" the Chief asks.

     "Because your name is written down here," Affable says.

     "Huh?" the Chief questions.

     "A lot," Affable continues, closing the ledger.

     "Gentlemen. . ." I mutter to Felix and Gerald.

     "You're under arrest," Affable says.

     "Run," I say, and the three of us immediately start running.

     "We puttin' handcuffs on here?" the Chief asks.

(Willy's POV)

(Y/n) and Noodle start to go after Slugworth, Fickelgruber, and Prodnose, but I hold them back.

"Wait a second, girls. Give it one second," I tell them.

As the three chocolatiers run, they start floating up off the ground—just as they did when they first met me in the Galeries Gourmet.

"What's happening?" Prodnose cries out. "Why are we airborne?!"

Slugworth grabs hold of a jet of frozen water sticking out of the fountain. Prodnose clings to Slugworth's foot and Fickelgruber grabs Prodnose's.

     "You didn't eat any of those chocolates, did you, Mr. Slugworth?" I call up to him.

     "Why?" he asks.

"Because they're Hoverchocs. Delayed action. But extra strong," I reply.

"You think you're very clever, don't you, Wonka? Well, there's a billion sovereigns of chocolate beneath our feet. We'll get the best lawyers, bribe the judge, rig the jury if we have to. We'll be fine," he says.

(Y/n) walks up next to me.

"Oh, I wish we'd thought of that," she says with feigned defeat.

We both share a knowing smile, then look behind us.

"Hey, Noodle!" we call out.

Noodle clangs a wrench against a fire hydrant.

(Third Person POV)

Abacus, Piper, Lottie, and Larry are in the storm drains. Lottie is holding a stethoscope against a pipe, waiting for the signal, and she gives Abacus, Piper, and Larry a thumbs-up when she hears it. The three of them each turn a valve.

(Y/n's POV)

The ground starts to tremble. Even the Chief's rolls of fat start to jiggle, and his belt bursts. The fountain in the middle of the square begins to shake. The icicles of frozen water hanging from the ends of its water spouts start to crack and fall. And then a rich, brown liquid shoots from the water spouts, sending the Chocolate Cartel spinning away into the air!

"What is that?!" Prodnose asks.

"It's our chocolate!" Slugworth shouts.

"All our chocolate!" Fickelgruber wails.

"We're ruined!" Prodnose cries.

"Don't worry, gentlemen! You'll come down eventually. Probably. I think. But until then. . ." Willy calls up to them.

He steps on the fountain, takes various ingredients from his pockets, and throws them into the fountain. Golden sparkles rise up the chocolate, fireworks coming out at the top. I watch this, amazed. I then see Abacus, Piper, Lottie, and Larry emerge from a storm drain.

     "Ladies and gentlemen, Willy Wonka, girlfriend, and friends invite you all to enjoy our chocolate!!" Willy announces to the crowd.

     I feel my heart soar when he announces me as his girlfriend. Noodle runs up to me and hugs me at the waist. I kneel down to her height so we can hug properly, and due to the overwhelming joy I'm feeling, I pick her up and spin her around while embracing her, making her laugh.

(Third Person POV)

     The crowd applauds, Basil being among the crowd. He stops clapping when he sees Gwennie emerging from the cathedral, and the two lock eyes.

     "Gwennie?!" he says.

     "Basil!!" she responds happily.

     They run into each other's arms and kiss.