You've Never Had Chocolate Like This

(Third Person POV)

     It is the next day. A man and a woman are outside a flower shop, and the man is kneeling down on one knee, proposing to the woman.

     "Guess what I'm trying to say, Barbara, is, um, will you marry me?" he asks.

     "Oh, I don't know, Colin," Barbara replies. "You're a lovely man, but I'm looking for someone to sweep me off my feet, you know, whisk me off to a life of adventure. Could that be you?"

     "No," Colin replies after a second, closing the ring box and putting it back in his pocket. "Not with my chronic lack of self-confidence. I'd best be off."

     "But, Colin. . ." Barbara says as Colin starts to leave.

     "Sorry to have wasted your time, Barbara. Taxi!" Colin calls out.

     As though adding insult to injury, the taxi drives past, splashing through a puddle and soaking poor Colin to the skin. Dejected, he sits at a nearby café table, and a waiter walks up to his table.

     "Monsieur, can I help you?" he asks in a French accent.

     "Oh, waiter. Do you have anything for a broken heart?" Colin asks.

     However, it turns out that the waiter is actually Willy.

"So the taxis never stop.
The girls think you're a flop.
You're wet and cold, you're getting old,
Your confidence is shot," he sings.

     "It's true," Colin responds sadly.

"When people look at you,
They seem to look straight through,
Or like you're something brown they
Found
Upon the bottom of their shoe," Willy sings as he places a napkin on the table.

     "Have you been following me?!" Colin asks, wondering how Willy knows all this.

     Willy removes the napkin to reveal a plate of macaroons.

"But this should lift the gloom,
My giraffe-milk macaroon.
Just take a chance and you'll be dancing
To a different tune," Willy sings.

     Colin eats a macaroon, and it's like an amazing transformation has come over him.

"Goodbye to feeling small
And frightened of it all!
Just eat a few of these
And you'll be feeling ten feet tall!" Willy sings.

     Colin does eat another macaroon, and he looks as though he's never felt more confident in his life. The two men then start dancing on the tables.

"Well, there's chocolate!" Willy sings.

"And there's chocolate!
Only Wonka's makes your confidence
Sky-rock-elet!" he and Colin sing.

     A waitress pulls the tablecloths out from underneath them when they jump.

     "He doesn't even work here!" she says.

     Colin hops off the table to go back to Barbara as people suddenly come to Willy's table to buy his chocolate.

"Put your hand into your pocke-let!
Get yourself some Wonka chocolate!" Willy sings.

"Madam, just one kiss?" Colin sings as he dips Barbara.

     "Yes, please," Barbara replies eagerly, and the lovebirds kiss.

(Y/n) and Noodle, who have been keeping watch, spot the Chief and policemen on bicycles riding toward the square. Noodle puts her fingers to her lips and whistles. Willy hears her signal and flees.