The Truth

(Third Person POV)

     Willy quickly steps in front of (Y/n) when Slugworth points the gun at them.

"Naughty, naughty, Mr. Wonka. You've caused us quite a bit of trouble, you and your urchins," Slugworth says.

     "Yeah, but Noodle's not just an urchin, is she, Mr. Slugworth?" Willy retorts, making (Y/n) and Noodle look at him with confusion. "You're family."

     "What?!" (Y/n) exclaims.

     "What are you talking about, Willy?" Noodle asks.

     "You know that ring, Noodle? The one your parents gave you?" Willy asks, and Noodle reveals the ring around her neck. "Mr. Slugworth has one just like it, don't you, Mr. Slugworth?"

     (Y/n) looks shocked by this news.

     "As a matter of fact, I do. That belonged to my brother, Zebedee," Slugworth replies.

     "Was he Noodle's father?" (Y/n) asks.

     "A hopeless romantic is what he was. Fell in love with a common little bookworm but died before they could marry, leaving me sole heir to the family fortune," Slugworth explains, then sends a glare at Noodle. "Or so I thought. . ."

*flashback*

     On a snowy night, a poor young woman shows up on Slugworth's doorstep with baby Noodle in her arms.

"But nine months later, your mother turned up on my doorstep, begging me to get a doctor for her sick little newborn. I said I would help."

Slugworth takes the baby and closes the door on Noodle's mother with a "kind" smile.

"But you didn't, did you?"

"Oh, no."

Slugworth puts little Noodle in a laundry bag, and takes the child to the laundry house. He checks to make sure nobody is watching—then slips the bag down the chute.

"Bye-bye, baby," he says.

"Instead you put me down a laundry chute."

Mrs. Scrubitt opens the laundry bag to see Noodle inside, the ring on a string around her neck.

"Mrs. Scrubitt found me. She saw the ring, thought it was an 'N' and called me Noodle. But it wasn't. It was 'Z' for Zebedee."

The woman comes back to collect her baby.

"Well quite. When your mother returned, I told her you had died."

The woman drops to her knees, mourning the loss of her child.

"She was heartbroken of course, but I gave her a handful of sovereigns and had her escorted from my property."

Slugworth drops a handful of silver sovereigns at the woman's feet.

*flashback ends*

Noodle looks at Slugworth with heartbreak.

"What was her name?" she asks.