A Trap

(Third Person POV)

Willy walks to the docks where he first came in, where Slugworth, Fickelgruber, Prodnose, and the Chief of Police, who has gotten much bigger, are waiting for him.

"Ah, Mr. Wonka," Slugworth says, and gives Willy a ticket. "Your ticket. One way. To the North Pole."

"It's Premium Economy," Fickelgruber adds.

"Well, it's basically Economy, alright? You get a little more legroom, a complimentary bag of peanuts. Is he worth extra? I don't know, but these guys. . ." Prodnose stops rambling when he sees Slugworth and Fickelgruber glaring at him. "We don't need to go into detail."

Slugworth takes off his glove and holds his hand out for Willy to shake.

"Goodbye, Mr. Wonka," he says.

Willy accepts the handshake, and even though he was expecting it, he tries not to show his pain as Slugworth grasps his hand in a bone-crushing handshake. He then makes his way onto the boat, and he gives his ticket to the captain. However, he doesn't see the captain and the Chief nod surreptitiously to each other. The boat heads out of harbor toward the ocean.

(Willy's POV)

I round a corner to find a hard wooden bench, on which a paper is taped to it that says "Premium Economy," and I sit down on the bench. I think about the fun times I've had with my friends, especially (Y/n) and Noodle. Noodle was like a little sister to me. And (Y/n). . . I'll never see her again. I'll never get to see her beautiful smile, hear her adorable laugh. I feel a tear roll down my cheek at the thought. Just when I think things can't get any worse, I hear a familiar little tune come from around the corner.

     Oh, no, it's him! I think.

     Lofty comes from around the corner with a trunk.

"Oompa-Loompa doompety-dee,
I'm not in Premium Economy.
I'd go First Class if I were you.
That's what Oompa-Loompas doompety-
Doo!" he sings as he unfolds his trunk to reveal a comfortable reclining chair and a mini-bar, and he sits in the chair.

"So glad you're here," I say sarcastically.

He starts making a cocktail.

"Oh, I'm not going to let you out of my sight, Willy Wonka, not 'til you've paid your debt. But I bring glad tidings on that score," he says.

"What's that?" I ask.

"I've been doing my sums. One more jar and we're even. Or if you prefer, I will accept half a jar of those rather amusing hoverchocs," he explains.

"You're out of luck. I don't make chocolate anymore," I tell him.

"Oh, dear. Please don't tell me you're going to go through with this ridiculous deal," he says as he pours his drink into a cup.

"I have to. For (Y/n) and Noodle. I promised them a better life. I pinky promised," I explain.

"You should stand up to those bullies, give them the old one-two. That's what an Oompa-Loompa would do," he says, and drinks up his cocktail. "But if you are determined to just sit there feeling sorry for yourself, I'm going flat. Good night, sir."

He hangs his hat on a hook, and puts on an eye-mask. He flips a switch on the side of his chair, causing it to recline with an electronic whirring sound. I look down at my hand, and I notice some on my palm.

"Huh," I say.

Lofty flips the switch, bringing him back up, and he lifts the eye-mask.

"What is it?" he asks.

"No, nothing," I reply.

"Well, it's obviously something, because you said, 'Huh,'" he says.

"I'm sorry, forget it," I tell him.

He stares at me for a moment.

"Very well," he says, and he lowers the eye-mask and reclines the chair again.

I look at my palm, and I look closely at the mark that's been left on it.

"Huh!" I say again.

(Lofty's POV)

A double-huh! That's definitely not nothing. I groan as I flip the switch to raise my chair, and I take off my eye-mask and put my hat back on.

"You did it again! Tell me what it is or I shall poke you quite viciously with a cocktail stick," I threaten him.

He holds his palm out for me to see.

"Look. Where Slugworth shook my hand. His ring left a mark. It's an 'A' surrounded by 'S's," he says.

I take a magnifying glass out from inside my coat, and I look through it to see that what he says is true. There is a small mark on his palm that's shaped like an 'A' surrounded by 'S's.

"So what? His name is Arthur Slugworth. It's probably a family ring," I respond, not understanding where he's going with this.

"Yes, but Noodle has one just like it," he points out.

"Noodle?" I ask.

"Uh-huh," he replies.

Now that doesn't make sense. From what I could gather while keeping an eye on Wonka, Noodle was an orphan girl with no blood relatives.

"Why would Noodle the orphan have a Slugworth family ring?" I ask as I put away my magnifying glass.

"There's only one reason I can think of," he replies.

"Which is?" I ask.

"And if I'm correct, Noodle could be in grave danger," he continues.

"Well, come on, Wonka, spit it out. Produce your owl-pellet of wisdom," I urge him.

"There's no time. I've gotta get back! Captain!" he shouts, and he runs off.

"Wonka? Come back here! Wonka! I demand an explanation!" I call after him as I chase him up to the bridge.

He opens the door, but he's frozen at the doorway. I peek inside the room, and I can see why he's frozen. The captain is gone, but there is a fuse wire burning inexorably toward a pile of dynamite! Those wicked chocolatiers must've paid the captain to have Wonka killed! I quickly put on a life jacket.

"On second thoughts, the explanation can wait," I say, and I inflate the life jacket. "Good day to you!"

     I hurry to jump off the boat, with Wonka not too far behind me.

(Third Person POV)

     Slugworth, Fickelgruber, Prodnose, the Chief watch the boat, very small in the distance, explodes.

     "Well, gentlemen, one dead chocolatier, as requested," the Chief says.

     Slugworth holds a walkie-talkie up to his mouth.

     "Miss Bon-bon?" he says into it.

     "Yes, Mr. Slugworth?" Miss Bon-bon asks from the other end.

     "Give the Chief his chocolate," Slugworth tells his loyal secretary.

     Miss Bon-bon, who is sitting in a crane, lowers an enormous box of chocolates onto the Chief's car.