Chapter 7: Unwanted attention

[Chapter 7: Unwanted attention.]

While taking a break as we wait for the next set, finishing up setting stuff like lighting and the camera angle and such, Haruka-san and I sat on the bench waiting for them to finish.

I was keeping my mouth shut and didn't talk much. I was keeping quiet because, I'm still practicing normal language inside my head.

Then Haruka-san tried to brake the ice by making small talks.

"So, Yukiya-kun, why did you decided to take on this photoshoot?" Haruka inquired.

'She's my partner so it's okay to tell her right?'

"To be honest, I'm not good at talking to people" [He means talking normally without chuunibyou dialogues.]

I said while fiddling my hands holding back my Phantom self. Haruka took it as me being shy.

'Is he shy? ...Hm, I see. The reason he took on this job was to get exposure, so he would feel more confident. I see...' is what Haruka-san concludes seeing my assumably timid demeanor.

"That's why. I want to change." I told Haruka-san, in the back of my mind, I was thinking, 'So I could fit the role of a true shadow hero.'

"What do you mean by change?"

"I want to be cool." as a shadow hero.

"I see..." from my simple answer, Haruka-san thought 'He's a boy after all.'

Haruka-san seems amused, at the same time underwhelmed for my reason to change. It sounded childish but she felt it was cute in its own way.

"Yukiya-kun, Haruka-san, everything is all set. We'll start to resume the photoshoot soon."

Just finishing up my small talk with Haruka-san, Muscular Salon Owner called for us, notifying us that the photoshoot will resume soon

"Yukiya-kun, let's go!"

"Y-Yeah"

She grabbed my hand into the spotlight and...

"1,2,3 click*"

And so we took our shots that I thought would only be normal pictures, but will later be found at a certain monthly magazine at the day it publish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its now almost dark outside by the time we finished taking our pictures for today.

After finishing taking the pictures, Haruka-san and I was waiting for the rest of the photos to be processed before we leave.

For the meantime, Haruka-san and I were waiting outside the editing room, as the staff including Mr. Owner was editing the pictures.

They said it would probably be done processing in around thirty minutes to an hour or so.

As we wait for the remaining photos, we were looking at the first of the bunch that was already printed.

"The pictures turned out great, did you already try modeling before? You seemed pretty experienced."

"No, this is actually my first time" [guy who likes taking poses a lot.]

It's not a lie since this is my first time taking actual photo shots. The ones I had before were taken using my phone for personal use, only for deciding which pose is the coolest as reference.

"That's definitely a lie. You've posed even better than me who has been training for the past three months since school started. Yukiya-kun definitely has a talent for modeling."