Chapter 9: [Operation: Blending in with the crowds.]

[Chapter 9: [Operation: Blending in with the crowds.]]

Time flies by quickly, before we know it, summer break has passed and fall season arrives in September.

For the past month, Ayaka and I trained myself to be the perfect side character, in order for me to embody a true shadow hero who blends in with the crowds this time around.

During that one month time span, I trained to act normal around people, how to dress, and interact properly with them.

By the way, Haruka-san and I met a couple more times to finish up the photo shoot, it was for some magazine if I remember? So I had the time to observe her, copying her behavior as an expert normie with her communication skills.

I wish I could tell more, but it's another story to tell for another time.

Right now, Ayaka and I are preparing ourselves for school.

Before leaving the house, Ayaka kept reminding me of our training to do things just as we practiced this past month.

"Make sure to act just as we practiced."

But of course, for me, I am willing to act accordingly as this is necessary to truly become the shadow of the heroes that I so aspired for.

"Of course, who do you think I am." I told her with a confident tone.

"Not Phantom I presume?" Ayaka jokingly teased while fixing my tie with a cheeky grin on her face.

"That's what you thought, that just means it's already working." I countered, with a cocky tone as a comeback to her joke.

I am confident enough about blending in, acting as one of the normal characters this time around. But of course, beneath this façade of being just a normal person, Phantom is hiding underneath this mask. Someone whose pretending to look weak but is actually strong, a "Hidden Strong character" is what it's called.

After we're all set, I opened the door of our house so to start Operation: [Blend in with the crowds].

"Let Operation: [Blend in with the crowds] commence."

I stepped out the door, marking operation [Blend in with the crowds] already started.

This is my first mission as a true shadow hero.

I clenched my fist tightly, with my resolve to be a true shadow hero this time around.

And so we stepped out of the house, made sure to lock the door on our way out, through the gates, then continued on our way to our own respective schools.

Going out the gate, I headed to the left while Ayaka went the opposite way cause the middle school Ayaka attends is on the opposite way from my high school.

Just before we were completely far apart, not able to hear each other, right before she made her next turn on corner, Ayaka shouted and called out to me...

"Onii! Good Luck!"

She waved her hand up and down wishing me luck with operation [Blend in with the crowds].

"Yeah!"

I nodded and gave her a simple smile and a thumbs up as a reply, with confidence saying "I got this."

And so, we parted our ways and proceeded to walk our own journey to a place called school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything is going smoothly... I think?

I took the same route I usually take to school. However, it feels like nothing and at the same time, something has changed.