Chapter 46: A wall that must be conquered, a battle for supremacy.

After shaking hands with Hidetoshi Fumidai, they then proceeded to explain how the judging for the duel will conclude.

They explained that 70% of the points would be coming from the judges, consisting of Hitedoshi's manager, another guy I don't know, and... wait, isn't that the principal??

The other 30% would be coming from the audience's opinion, their votes would be relayed trough an app.

I'm not sure what all this preparation was about, but things had become bigger than I initially expected. All I could feel right now was, it's exhilarating.

He really went all out in this duel roleplay. He even provided this huge stage to make it look all the more dramatic.

All I could deduct from this was that Hitedoshi Fumidai must be, like really, really, really rich to have this much expendable resources.

I've met a lot of crazy rich people in the past but this guy takes the cake in flexing his money.

Okay, before we get off track, let's return to Hidetoshi's explanations on how the duel will proceed. He explains that,

"We will be competing in two categories. Both challenges compliment the fields Haruka Fujimiya is expert at,"

And those two categories are,

"That is, dynamic body movement and voice control."

Hearing those two categories, I realized that.

'Dynamic body movement, and voice control? Those traits, ...They're definitely characteristics of a bonafide chuunibyou!'

What Hidetoshi meant was the field of dancing and singing, he just chose those words to make it sound a bit fancier. However, I related it to being character traits essential for being a chuunibyou, that is delivering cool dialogues and executing dynamic poses.

'I see. I had my doubts but this Funidai guy really was a chuunibyou.'

I silently nodded to myself with my conclusion about Hidetoshi-kun.

Hidetoshi continued to explain,

"This is to decide whether or not you really are worthy to stand along side Haruka-san as equals. I already know I am, as we are both people who reigns at the top. Well, not like someone like you know's that feeling."

Fumidai sighs in arrogance, with this 'this guy is not on my level' attitude. While I was there still processing the situation, putting my hand on my chin lost in thought.

'Hm, I think I'm starting to understand the setting now.'

The setting for this duel is to decide who should be crowned as the strongest. But before that, we must conquer the wall that is Haruka-san, and the winner of this duel will be the first one to advance the power scaling.

But why is Haruka-san set as the goal tho? Was she actually very strong in her chuunibyou form? Well, it's just roleplay so it doesn't matter that much.

"I see."

I just agreed thinking I got the full picture for this duel.

Just like Ais Wallenstein is to Bell Cranel in Danmachi, I assumed that Haruka-san is the goal Fumidai and I must reach to achieve the title of strongest.

Fumidai glared at me with confidence, in his eyes as though he had already won.

"Well then, may the best talent win."

The mic then switch over to the announcer/commentator. Giving the signal that the show was about to begin. The cameras turned on and the broadcasting team on site went live.