Chapter 37.2: Adoption

What's on Class Rep Hitomi-san's mind before coming to our spot.

Class Rep Hitomi-san is quite the popular figure in class. She's pretty, sociable, has good grades, and a nice figure to boot.

Although she's kind of air headed when it comes to outside studying most of the time. Still, most people find her character pleasing from how flexible she is, enough to get along with everyone.

Just from being herself, people found themselves drawn to her, and she was happy to be dependent on by others. She's what you may call the popular girl in the class.

When lunch time arrived, Hitomi-san took out her lunchbox, but just one thing was missing. A drink, to wash down her neatly prepared meal for lunch.

She went out of the classroom, walked down the halls to get to the nearest vending machine. She went back shortly after.

When she returned, the door she used was the back door because it was closer.

Using the back door, there she views Mocha-san and I eat in the corner together in peace.

There she thought,

'They seemed to be getting along just fine... I guess there's no need for me to step in and help them to get along with everyone.'

Just then, Class Rep Hitomi-san remembered their talk in the girl's locker room. "S, so please be Yukiya-kun's friend. A-And mine too!"

Remembering those words, Hitomi-san grabbed her lunchbox and decided to eat together with two certain someones.

"Mocha-san, is the seat next to yours vacant?"

"Y-Yeah."

"Do you mind if I sit next to you guys?" Hitomi-san inquired with a friendly smile.

"N-No. G, go ahead." Mocha-san responded with a smile also, but awkwardly.

"Great"

With Mocha-san's permission, Class Rep Hitomi-san sat down at the desk next to Mocha-san's, she opened her lunchbox and proceeded to eat with us.

As we consumed our meals, Mocha-san was thinking how she would break the ice between us. She then tried to start a conversation, and the words that came out were,

"W-What nice weather we're having..."

She out of nowhere told with an awkward tone to her voice, asking about the weather.

'Is she attempting to start a conversation?' Hitomi-san thought that, 'It's kinda adorable how she tries so hard. Makes you want to support her in what she's doing.'

Hitomi-san opened her mouth and replied,

"Me too, I do think the weather seems really nice today." She responded with a friendly smile on her face, thinking. 'I want to support her.'

'She replied!'

With a simple reply just like that, Mocha-san felt a bit of joy, as though she has gained another step further on getting along with everyone.

'She seems happy.'

Although it was just a slight change in expression, Class Rep Hitomi felt Mocha-san was somehow happy so she was glad she goes along.

Eventually, the more Hitomi-san sees Mocha-san randomly changing expression, the more she wants to see more of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: This is exactly what I think happened when my friends just randomly decided one day I'm now part of the group from now on.

This chapter is a meme of how introverts make friends, "an extrovert adopts them."

Mocha seems miserable so let's give her some of that social anxiety rizz.