Chapter 27: "Consecutive Pseudo Vanishing Drive"

[Chapter 27: "Consecutive Pseudo Vanishing Drive"]

Soba who got the ball tried shooting at three pointer distance, but misses. I rebounded the ball and.

Just after having the ball between my hands, the enemy team were already four teaming me, trying to fully restrict my movements.

"There's no escape now."

When all four now defending against me. I gave out a smug grin, as if saying, this is exactly what I inted to happen.

They took notice of the face I was making, they felt something off, like the feeling that they have made a big mistake.

As we stood under the ring, I threw the ball upward as far off to the opposite side of the court.

"He's shooting it at this distance?"

"Wait, no..."

'I call this move, "The Shadow Sniper Pass".'

There, were the spots where I threw the ball, my team mate was already ther, waiting.

"Quickly, fall back! Fast break!"

At first glance, the throw that I did looked very random, however, it was accurately aimed at my team mate whose already waiting at the opposite side of the court.

Because of the accuracy, my team mate didn't have a hard time catching the ball and charged.

They shot for the basket and went in. With that, it makes the score tied back at 6-6.

'Are we really this weak...? No. He's just too strong for our levels...'

Team Soba's moral got lower and lower as the game progress.

Kaido dribbled and advanced forward.

While being cautious of me, glancing at my direction every second, the girls dived in and the ball got stolen from Kaido-kun's hands. He's gotten too comfortable about the girls' ability to defend that he let his guard down that ultimately lead to his downfall.

Shiki tried stopping her but I was already advancing trying to cross their path.

That made Shiki conflicted with who will carry the ball to the basket. If it will stay with her or it will be passed on to me who has the higher chance of scoring.

Still keeping watch of me while still trying to block the girl, when I caught up to her. Shiki confused who to defend, I reached out my hand and-

'She's passing it to Saito!'

Because of me trying to reach out my hand in a ready to catch position, he got distracted waiting for the pass to happen.

Having not been paying much attention to the girl, he didn't notice that she already crossed him and was too late to realizing I was just a distraction.

Before he could run and catch up to her, I screened him holding him off from chasing my teammate, she layup and got another point for our team.

We are now on the lead with the score of 6-7.

The next round commenced. Their jump shot failed yet again and I performed the same fake passing distraction like the last time.

Because I was the one they are most wary of, they prioritized defending against me and always loose sight of my team mates advancements.

The game after that, and the game after we performed the fake pass distraction, and everytime it worked. Giving us the latest score of  6-10.

'Hm, how was that? I call that move "The Consecutive Pseudo Vanishing Drive!"