Chapter 14: A shadow hero who doesn't sweat.

[Chapter 14: A shadow hero who doesn't sweat.]

"I caught you (My prince)"

She said, seemingly happy for some reason, judging from the grin she has on her face.

"You caught me(Phantom)?" I repeated, seemingly puzzled from what she said.

'She caught me...? Sigh, and just as I thought my disguise was doing so well too... As expected from the leader of the student council. I guess there's still room for improvements.'

I didn't know what she was talking about at the time because I was the one who caught her. So I assumed the one senpai was referring to was the person senpai had been waiting to catch all this time, and it was just me all along, Phantom.

I confirmed that because there's no one to be seen in the surrounding area other than the two of us.

"Um... Senpai, can you get off now? It's getting kinda heavy." I told her, feeling her weight pressing on my body.

Senpai looked around, realized she was still sitting on top of me.

Realizing the situation, her face turned red and suddenly moved to the side.

"T, thank you." Senpai timidly said, looking a little flustered.

"No problem." I replied while wearing a smile.

The smile was part of Ayaka's training to always smile to appear not suspicious. It's to give an approachable atmosphere around me, demonstrated and I copied from Haruka-san.

I shortly stood up, waited for senpai to do the same. However,

"Ah-..."

When senpai tried to stand, she failed.

"Sorry. I don't think I can stand right now."

When she tried standing, but couldn't, her voice slipped and said ouch, meaning  she was probably hurt somewhere.

The pain seemed to be coming from her right foot from the time when she slipped on the stairs, even before the fall happened.

"-ch! Looks like my ankle is swollen."

I couldn't really tell from the black high knee socks she was wearing that her foot was swollen. I only knew it when she clarified it.

"Wait, wh, wha- ..!?"

Without a word, I suddenly picked up senpai and laid her in my arms, carrying her like a princess.

'Th, this is! A p-p-princess carryyy!?' Student Council President Shiori-senpai silently shouted at the top of her mind.

[Correction: Student Council President Shiori Hikaruno is a single and responsible "Romanticistic" person.]

This is also one of Ayaka's training, "If a girl couldn't walk, don't just lend them your shoulder. Pick her up and lay them in your arms." [Ayaka meant it as a joke.]

"Am I too heavy?" Senpai inquired as I carried her in my arms.

"N, no. Of course not..."

I said while maintaining my composure, but that's not the case. In reality, I was struggling to keep this composure.

'This is actually harder than it looks.'

The shadow heroes in the shows didn't even show signs of breaking a sweat while carrying/saving someone, so I mustn't show even how much I struggle as well...

Plus, when I'm carrying Ayaka, she hates it when I tell her she's heavy so it could probably apply to senpai also, who weighs even heavier. So I should stay quiet about it.

[Meanwhile, Ayaka in the back on her mind during the said training: "Wouldn't it be funny if that happens haha... That's what I call fan service. But come on, there's no way something cliche like encountering an injured girl could happen in real life, right?"]

She just thought of it as playing a small prank to her brother and didn't even think it would actually happen.

Senpai, who had a mature womanly appeal from earlier suddenly became so timid.

She radiates this strong and dignified aura before, but now, all of it seems to have melted away from being carried by her enemy, I assumed.

I carried her in my arms, but she actually seemed to be enjoying it.

'He really is like a prince...' she thought as she stared at my side profile with admiration.

After moments of walking, we finally reached the infirmary. Somehow I managed to keep my composure as the shadow hero who doesn't sweat from simple injured person carrying.

"Excuse me, is the nurse inside?"

"Come in"

I brought her inside the infirmary. When the nurse was checking her injury, I took the chance to get out of the room for a moment to breath.

"Haa... Haa... Haa... I made it!" I told myself while struggling to catch my breath, breathing heavily in relief by the fact that I somehow manage to pull through.

Senpai isn't really what you could say light. It's not because she was fat in any means, it was because she's a little taller than most girls that I know, and have nice curves in all the right places. So she's perfectly healthy.

It's just that, her "assets" was the one that made it hard for me most of the time, I couldn't focus because I don't know where to look and touch.

Also, taking the weight distribution into account, I was trying to carry her with a straight back the entire time. I wanted to make it look as if carrying a person was just like holding a feather for me. Which made me struggle a bit more.

After finally catching my breath, I headed back inside the infirmary to check on Senpai's condition.

When I returned, the school nurse had already finished examing President Shiori-senpai's injury.

"No need to worry, it's just a simple sprain. It will heal in about a week or two of rest."

"That's a relief." Shiori-senpai sighs in relief.

Thankfully it wasn't that bad and senpai doesn't need to be carried to the hospital right away. The nurse just applied first aid but just to make sure, senpai will have it checked later on in a hospital after school.

We stepped out of the nurse's office with senpai having to rely on a crutch as support so she could walk around without having to use her right foot.

Thankfully, I wouldn't need to carry her anymore with the help of the crutch. I don't think I could maintain my composure any more from that.

Shiori-senpai glanced back at me, wanting to relay to me that,

"Thanks again. If it wasn't for you, I'm not sure what could have happened there."

She returned to the way she was acting from before, with the confident tone, and a dignified school president's maturity to her appeal.

"I'm just glad I could help."

"Uhm... If it wasn't too much to ask. C, could you please tell me your name?"

She inquired, with her cheeks a little red, and stuttering slightly in the middle of her sentence.

"? ...It's Yukiya Saito from Class 1-A."

"I see, so your name is Yukiya Saito, huh. I'll be sure to remember it, hehe."

'I don't see anything funny, so why is she laughing...? Is she marking me as her target?!' I thought, 'Very well then. I'll be ready for you any time you want.'

And so, we parted ways to return to our classrooms. And right now... we're super late, for the afternoon lesson had began since the last bell went off, which rang twenty minutes ago already.