Chapter 24: It's just a sinister plan to crush the chuunibyou.

[Chapter 24: It's just a sinister plan to crush the chuunibyou.]

Soba Hito and his group challenge me to a game of basketball. However, I did not know the slightest bit on how to play the sport, which they forgot to take on account.

"What should we do now? Should we still continue with the plan?"

They discussed while huddling together on their own.

"But if we do proceed, we'll look really uncool for beating a guy who doesn't even know how to play."

"We've come too far to back down now."

"We haven't even started tho."

"How about we teach him the rules until he gets the hang of it. Then crush him completely."

"I see. So what we're going with now is to be like the seemingly unreachable sensei figures, so in one way or another, we'll still look cool in a different light."

"Sensei figure? Ah, sure. Let's go with that."

"Wait, you weren't thinking of continuing just because you want to crush him, do you?"

"O, of course not! What do you take me for ...Okay, just a little bit."

"Whatever, let's just go with that and get this over with so I can sleep."

While Soba and the others are discussing how they will execute their plan, Mocha-san felt assured that at least people invited me over and not being excluded.

'Hm, I guess I could leave Mr. Delinquent for now. He'll be fine with them, right?'

Mocha-san felt conflicted whether or not if she could really leave me in Soba Hito's friend group's hands. She was thinking if I could handle such personalities. Though she didn't know my personality was stronger.

Hitomi-san then called for Mocha-san.

"Mocha, let's go."

"Ah- Y- yes. C, coming!"

Mocha-san went to the other court, where all the girls who were planning to play volleyball are waiting.

Meanwhile, I got left behind with Soba Hito and his friends, as they were set on teaching me how to play basketball.

...

On the other side of the gym, where the volleyball court is located.

"Mocha-san, after this game, our turn will come next to use the court."

"O, okay..."

Class Rep Hitomi-san informed Mocha-san as the waited at the side of the volleyball court.

However, just then, Mocha-san remembered something crucial just now.

'I was so caught up in the moment from being invited by a friend that I forgot...'

She entered a state of panic, remembering that, 'I don't know how to play volleyball!'

[She only agreed out of impulse.]

Mocha-san, in her mind was now in a state of panic, sweating bullets as the score rises, and their turn to use the court came closer and closer.

'I need to calm down...'

In order to distract herself, she glanced towards our direction, to check on how I was doing whose in a similar state as hers, playing with individuals I haven't even hang out before.

'I wonder how Mr. Delinquent Oiji(prince) is doing? Is he holding out fine with those guys?'

She tried to see if I was nervous as well when interacting with others, but I seemed to be doing just fine as Soba and the others taught me how to play basketball. [Was under the impression they are both bad at communicating.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just after Hitomi and Mocha-san left, I was left with Soba Hito's group. They explained the rules and how to play the sport called basketball.

They taught me the basics like dribbling, how to shoot, pass, rebound and defend.

They also told me how the scoring system works. But in this game, we will be playing only one point for each basket so the game will last longer.

"So, did you catch all that?"

"Yeah. I think I should be able to manage." I replied.

'Hmm... So this is the type of sport they normally play during P.E.'

This could be useful in the future if I got bored blending in with the crowds as a background character standing on a corner.

Thinking of different ways on how to blend in the crowds, I realized I should also be flexible, blending in with the crowds as a side character who just happens to be playing basketball.

The rules are pretty simple and easy to follow. I should be able to at least perform decently after learning how the mechanics of the game works.

"So we're all good? Then we can begin our match."

"Are we playing one vs ones?" I innocently asked Soba and the others.

"No, we'll be play in 5v5s"

'This is all according to plan. We already discussed that if we were to be playing, it would be against the five of us.'

'If it was a one on one, we will look bad if we demolish only a single person. However, if we crush him head on with a team, it wouldn't look as terrible as it seems.'

'It would just look like we got an overwhelming victory because of our team coordination. Ha. Ha.. Hahahah ... It's the perfect plan!'

"But, I don't have any team mates?" I inquired who the other remaining players would be, as there were only the six of us right now.

"You can pick anyone. Oh, except for the people belonging in sports clubs. It wouldn't be fair to get the competitive ones involved, wouldn't it."

'Also according to plan. There are several individuals in our class who belong in sports clubs, if we try to fight head on, we might get a harder time dominating the game.'

'So by leaving out the athletes, he could only choose amongst our unathletic classmates.'

"Makes sense. I guess." I cluelessly agreed to their demands.

'He agreed! ..With this, our victory is ensured. You might call this dirty but I call this a strategy.'

Is what Soba Hito-kun and the others cunningly thought, manipulating the situation.

"Okay then. Now, who should I pick, hm..."

I looked around for people that looked like they have nothing better to do.

"You guys want to join my team?"

And the people I asked, are some girls who were lazing around, sitting and watching over on the stage.

They were looking at me as if admiring me at a distance. But I thought it just normal since I was used to it.

"Can we? We're not really that good at basketball."

"It's a boy's game after all."

They denied at first because they were not confident enough about their skill. But I didn't really mind since they're the closest at the time and seemingly free at the moment.

"Sure, I'm not really good at it either." I said with a friendly smile, telling them I don't mind.

"T-Then yes..."

They got charmed and agreed to join, with a little blush on their faces from the smile I gave just now.

I didn't really think much of who to pick so I selected randomly. It wasn't even our classmate, but instead, the second year girls who's also having their PE at this hour. It just so happened that they're the closest at the time.

"He even picked the pretty upper classman girls to join his team. That's it, he's going down!"

"What a sinful man. He must be punished."

"Crucify him!"

Staring daggers behind my back, is a rage of flames emitting from Soba Hito's group, ready to engage in battle in a game called basketball.