Chapter 32: He really is just acting cold but is actually caring.

[Chapter 32: He really is just acting cold but is actually caring.]

The final bell rang and school was over for the day.

When changing to our regular shoes, surprisingly, Mocha-san's shoe locker was next to mine.

Well, the shoe locker beside mine is always vacant so it will be taken eventually. [Note: No one wanted to be next to the edgy, angry looking weirdo's shoe locker.]

'Mr. Prince's shoe locker is next to mine. How lucky.'

Thinking for a moment how lucky these coincidences are, now standing next to each other at the entrance. Mocha-san thought that,

'Wait, this is my chance to talk to him and thank him properly.'

"B, By the way. Tha-Thank you!"

She bashfully said with a shaky voice and thanked me.

'I did it. I said thank you to him!'

I'm just there, wondering what could it be about.

'What is she thanking me for? I have no clue. But as the all knowing shadow hero, I should try to pretend like I know everything she's talking about and lowkey convey to her I didn't help because I was expecting to be thanked.'

"Don't need it."

"...?"

'Hmm... That came out ruder than expected. I should have said "Don't mention it" but I guess it's too late to take back what I said.'

Mocha-san was taken aback by how much I looked like I didn't care.

'Did I messed up already?! He said it so naturally, does he hate being thanked?!'

'No, wait. He's the cold but caring type so that was probably not the case... Right?'

Mocha-san became unsure if I was really being bashful like the classic cold male lead or was I genuinely don't like being talked to in public. However, I'm just feeling a bit lost right now as nothing have gone the way I planned it.

We changed out of our school shoes then wore our regular ones and proceeded to head off.

'Okay Mocha, lets try and attempt talking to him again.'

Just before we started walking, Mocha-san once again engaged to have a conversation with me.

"G-Goodbye." she said while holding all her confidence.

I simply stared back at her for a moment without giving a reply.

'He didn't even bother replying. So he really doesn't care after all huh... Was he really the same guy who I thought saved me earlier?'

The reason I didn't reply was because.

The moment we walked out of the school, a minute has passed since then and Mocha-san and I are still together, walking on the same direction.

'Hmm...(-_-) This is awkward. So this is probably why he didn't reply when I said goodbye earlier...'

We both left at the same time so I don't really think saying goodbye right there would be appropriate.

'But still... He could have said something. This is so not caring at all. In fact it's almost sadistic that I'm the only one feeling awkward for saying goodbye too early.'

Mocha-san's vision of me as the classic shoujo male lead stepped back by a little.

She was thinking I should at least said something but instead stayed silent. If I were to also reply goodbye to her earlier, at least we would feel the same amount of embarrassment. But since she was the only one who did it, it does not affect me which was pretty sadistic if that were really my intentions.