Chapter 16: She's just a "shoujo heroine"

[Chapter 16: She's just a "shoujo heroine"]

Summer has passed. Which means Autumn has arrived.

The road has gotten quite messy, as drying leaves began to fall from their branches.

Leaves aren't the only ones that fall during Autumn.

Autumn, a season that usually takes place in September.

The streets had become lively once again for today is another new day as the morning sun rises.

Many people are walking by at this time of hour, that you wonder. Where are all this people heading?

However, one thing 's for certain. These young people in uniforms are making their way to a place called school.

It's now September after all, which means resuming of classes has arrived for these young students, returning from their month worth of summer vacation.

They are all visible at this time of hour, roaming the streets, walking together in unison as they commute their way to school.

Friends greeted each other on the way, as if, saying hello for the very first time in a while of not being able to meet each other.

Some appeared enthusiastic, while others appeared somewhat tardy. Some yawned as if they had just woken up from bed. It gave off this impression that screams "youth", whose only main concerns are whether or not they'll make it to school on time.

Everything seems to be going just as it does every morning on weekdays. Well... That was a few minutes ago...

"I, I'm late!"

'This is so embarrassing...'

Running late for school. A young adolescent girl yells in embarrassment "I'm late!" while biting on a piece of toast on her mouth.

With medium length hair in pink hue, the same color as her eyes, she wears a large red ribbon tied at the back of her head, holding her half up half down hairstyle.

She's dressed in uniform similar to that of girls who are attending Hokkyokusei High School.

"O, Oh no! I, I'm gonna be late!" She tried her best to shout those words "I'm late" repeatedly, over and again as she rushes her way to school.

Hi, my name is Mocha Tsukiyo, and I am a "shoujo heroine."

...well, I hope I was.

[The self-proclaimed "Shoujo Heroine" has arrived.]

Even before junior high, I was well aware of the fact that I was a very introverted kid who didn't talk much.

That is why, by the time I knew it, everyone in my class was already comfortable with each other, made friends, and formed their own solid circles.

Throughout the majority of my middle school, all I can remember was how alone I was, always sitting alone on one corner somewhere with no one to talk to.

Just your ordinary, plain looking girl that's not even worth remembering. The last person you would ever think about on the spot.

My hair used to be styled with braids and wears glasses, I wasn't really in the stylish side. Because my eyesight was pretty bad, I was prescribed to wear glasses, and I thought having your hair tied in braids was pretty convenient at the time and save me less trouble.

In other words, the way I looked feels like your typical background character with a name not even worth mentioning.

You might argue that it's because of how normal I seem that people don't take notice of anything worth remembering about.