Chapter 44: Just a mysterious character entrance.

After school, near the entrance.

Closing the shoe locker, Mocha-san recollects her thoughts, processing what happened on our revelation scene.

'There's no doubt about it.' Thinking back to that moment, Mocha-san concluded. 'Yukiya-kun's true character, is a "Master Manipulator"

In her mind, there are several factors that lead to her assumption.

'On our first encounter, I accidentally discovered Yukiya-kun trespassing, so he tried to silence me as soon as we met the second time.'

'The reason why he left the room yesterday during lunch, was probably out of consideration. He didn't want to draw attention away from the transfer student. But I ultimately ran away and blew it.'

'During PE, he draws everyone's attention to cover the volleyball incident. Instead of being remembered as the girl who blocked the ball with her face, he overwrote it as me being the first victim of the hundred carry incident. He was even generous enough to step out of the room when Hitomi-san and the others was to have our talk.'

'The way he acted yesterday was also totally different. Contradictory to what I assumed, he's quite popular judging by the letters he got in his locker. To think I actually assumed we were the same, I was just projecting myself and my own insecurities to him.'

'He advised me to watch him, probably with intentions of showing me how to act in front of others. But I couldn't adapt to the environment, and just smiled like a fool until the break ended.'

Mocha-san can't help but reflect on what I said,

'He's right. I'm nothing but a lowly parasites.'

Disarray of everything, she doesn't know what to believe about me anymore.

'Does that mean the way he got embarrassed earlier about his past also an act? To demonstrate how much he can manipulate the atmosphere of the place, hence why he grinned at me so smugly during recess?'

'He said he would help me achieve my purpose. But what is he getting out from this?'

Mocha-san then asked me,

"Y-Yukiya-kun. ...Why did you decided to take me in as your disciple?" with a somewhat timid and dejected tone, Mocha-san inquired.

"Call me master" I corrected her.

"M, master." Mocha-san hesitantly and shyly corrected her self.

After the revelation scene I advised her to call me that. "From now on, call me Master"

Mocha-san is thinking about the whole Master disciple relationship,

'This, is quite embarrassing... But this is the route that I chose.'

At that moment she took my hand, only one option was open. [The Discipleship Route]

Now, to answering Mocha-san's question of "Why did you take me in as a disciple?"

I simply replied with a grin,

"It's interesting"

Mocha-san's eyes glew up.

'T-There it is! The cliche "she's interesting" line.'

Rather than her being interesting, I was talking about the concept of having a disciple.

Although shadow heroes are always portrayed as lone wolves, having a disciple isn't as bad of a concept. Even vigilantes like batman took in orphans to become his sidekick. Plus, I could observe Mocha-san's behavior to further polish my "background character mode".