Chapter 48: Pure Talent vs Absolute Effort

"Woah Hoah! Who could have guessed a duel between these two to turn out this exciting? It's so intense! This duel is turning out to be more than I expected, and that's coming from me, I'm a pro at this and have seen many talents throughout my career as an announcer."

The announcer excitedly boasts in his pro entertainer persona.

"Ehem, sorry about that. I got a little too excited for a moment from their overwhelming performance. Anyways, let's move on to the second half portion of this duel. That is, voice control a.k.a. singing competition!"

"Our first singer would be Hitedoshi Fumidai. Mr. Hitedoshi Fumidai, if you are ready please step up and show us what you got!"

With confidence, Hidetoshi smiled and made his way up to the front stage.

He held the microphone, just waiting for the music to start.

[Although many people already know this, Yukiya Saito had not yet been informed of this trivial but widely known fact regarding the genius of a talent that is Hidetoshi Fumidai.]

Hidetoshi Fumidai is the known "all-rounder genius" in the entertainment industry. Being able to perform in almost any of the mainstream talents, excelling in acting, dancing, singing, etc., combining it with his model-like looks and charisma, he captivated the masses with his wide range of skills flexible enough to be put on any projects.

However, there's one weapon people know him for the most, which raises him up to an S-class performer.

Although it is true that due to his rich and influential family, he was able to debut in the industry faster than most, the way he got popular was actually from that of humble beginnings.

Hidetoshi Fumidai was always meant to be part of the entertainment world eventually. From just a random upload of him singing for fun, he trended over social media and became a phenomenon amongst thousands of social media users.

His singing caught the attention of many, his unique and talented voice seemed to be graced by the heavens above that caught many scouts's attention. They adored his cover of songs that they previously thought were already perfect.

People around him suggested that he should go pro. So, he did, and is now currently serving as his current career.

However, due to excessive admiration from fans, peers, and even adults praising him, people who cater to his every need constantly reinforce his importance further boosted Hidetoshi's already inflated ego.

His parents aren't of any help at all as they also contribute to spoiling him even without his celebrity status. The reason why he felt as though he could be forgiven for everything he's done in the past, like missing out on the model shoot with Haruka-san, thinking everyone will side with him like always.

However, this time he received a lot of backlash as Haruka's fan base is no smaller than Fumidai's. And the reason for this duel right now was,

Hidetoshi Fumidai is here to redeem himself, and to remind everyone why people adored him from the start. Which is by demonstrating his overwhelming god-blessed talent.

Taking a deep breath, the music starts and Fumidai's mouth opened.

Emitted from the speaker was a perfectly pitched voice, hitting every note each was pleasing to the ears. A voice that no one can deny was purely born from "talent", that no matter how many years you trained, will never be able to replicate the sound his vocals makes without being blessed with the same voice box.

This was the voice that raised him up to an S-tier performer, a vocal unique to himself that you can't help but be discouraged, yet admire once you hear it.